PDA

View Full Version : what happed to my t.v

mossy
12-08-2010, 7:47 AM
i went to bed last night and everything was fine, when i got up this morning i noticed that the picture is cut off on the right and left sides of the screen when i am watching some of the HD channels. its like the picture is to big for the screen. other HD channels com in fine though, i have a comcast HD box, and new LG flat screen T.V

Fjold
12-08-2010, 8:16 AM
It's how the TV station formats the show.

Bavaria1990
12-08-2010, 8:22 AM
mine does that-comcast.

I have HD and sony Bravia 48''
on hd it won't do that, off hd, some do

mossy
12-08-2010, 9:48 AM
so is there any way to get the HD picture back to normal?

Mike's Custom
12-08-2010, 10:11 AM
You should be able to set the VIEW of the screen. Some shows are broadcast in the new formates and some not. Either on the Comcast remote or your TV remote their should be a FORMAT button. This will let you set the format.

Rivers
12-08-2010, 11:52 AM
If you're using a cable tv box, there is typically a "format" button on the remote control to toggle through the display formats. You want to avoid having images that do not cover the entire screen, especially with older plasma and rear projection sets.

You can set the default format in the cable tv box. "Settings" button. This will work most of the time but is not a guarantee to give you the right format for every show. Use the remote to assist you from the couch. Unfortunately, most cable providers have removed the "fetch beer" button due to excessive battery drain.

Vacaville
12-08-2010, 12:00 PM
You think that's bad, mine has large (6" or so) purple and brown blotches that move around the screen slowly over time. (I'm getting a new TV for Christmas).

tacticalcity
12-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Well, all my channels disappeared all together. For some reason my entire area was getting channels 2-60+ for free forever. Then suddenly Comcast shut it off. Not complaining at all. Never understood why they didn't fix it before then. They definately knew about it, but did nothing to shut it off.

Mikeb
12-08-2010, 12:12 PM
I thought this was going to be a story about you shooting your TV
darn
Mike

JDay
12-08-2010, 2:37 PM
Make sure you actually have your TV displaying the content in HD. You'd be surprised how many people own an HD TV and don't even have it set to an HD resolution.

JDay
12-08-2010, 2:38 PM
Well, all my channels disappeared all together. For some reason my entire area was getting channels 2-60+ for free forever. Then suddenly Comcast shut it off. Not complaining at all. Never understood why they didn't fix it before then. They definately knew about it, but did nothing to shut it off.

They did that when they completed their switch to digital, you can get something like 2 converter boxes from them for free to get those channels back.

MARLANDO
12-08-2010, 2:54 PM
:useless: