PDA

View Full Version : Google's new laptop runs on its Chrome OS

Steyr_223
12-08-2010, 1:08 AM
I wonder what this thing will look like?

Google unveiled a laptop that runs its Chrome operating system, providing an alternative to computer software from Microsoft and Apple.

The Mountain View company is postponing the market debut of the first computers running on the highly anticipated operating system by about six months to give its engineers more time to fine-tune the software.

Google expects the first Chrome-powered machines to go on sale in the middle of next year. The company previously promised to have the operating system ready by the end of this year.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/12/07/BUE51GN5CL.DTL#ixzz17VeRzseN

nick
12-08-2010, 1:18 AM
If it works as well as their Chrome browser, Microsoft will soon be considered the new standard of stability :)

Brianguy
12-08-2010, 9:36 AM
sweet customized ads and offline user tracking!

JDay
12-08-2010, 3:35 PM
Did anyone get a confirmation after signing up for one? I haven't received anything.

sfwdiy
12-09-2010, 10:16 PM
One of my co-workers registered for one but I'm not sure if he heard anything. I was thinking about registering for the pilot program but there's no way I could use one of their machines as my primary computer.

--B