PDA

View Full Version : duck hunting spots???

shotgun707
12-07-2010, 8:54 PM
What are some good duck huting spots i go to grizzly island and i got a good spot there but what are some other spots around sacramento...

sargenv
12-07-2010, 9:14 PM
I hear that Yolo bypass can be good.. not really a whole lot of areas around Sacramento that I know of.. most of my hunting experience has been in the upper Sac valley.. and it's been a very long time since I had any positive experience at one of the area refuges.. mostly due to my inexperience there since I've been doing all my hunting on a club...

lewdogg21
12-08-2010, 6:52 AM
What are some good duck huting spots i go to grizzly island and i got a good spot there but what are some other spots around sacramento...

That Yolo bypass refuge could be good. Lots of ducks/geese in the bypass regularly the past 3 weeks. Further North is a glut of refuges (sac, delevan, colusa, greylodge, howards slough, etc.

duckman1
12-08-2010, 7:28 AM
Start with the refuges. After you find an area you like start looking for a club membership.

shotgun707
12-08-2010, 2:04 PM
where is the yolo bypass

tony270
12-08-2010, 2:59 PM
Here you go;
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/lands/wa/region3/yolo/

Eargasm
12-08-2010, 5:34 PM
Any good Type C areas? I'd love to find public land that has a lot of activity. :)

Bearclaw
12-09-2010, 7:17 AM
There are a few, but it's real hit and miss. That's why they're Type C (no reservation needed, open every day), because they aren't as good as the Type A/B places that require reservations. Do what I did, and break open your regs booklet. Find which places are Type C that you might be interested in, then actually go out there and get familiar with them. Not that we don't all already know this, but, scouting is key. Just got to get up and get out there. In fact, that's what I will probably be doing later since I don't have to work today! :D