PDA

View Full Version : A few shotgun questions (barrels, magazines, lights, and length)

tman
07-10-2006, 5:46 PM
This is regarding a Remington 870 Express

1. 18" is the shortest I can legally go with a barrel here in CA?

2. I want to get one of those extensions that allows me to hold more shells. Right now it only holds 4 shells. How much more could I extend it with only an 18" barrel?

3. Although I haven't seen them or sale recently, I saw some of those magazine attachments for these shotguns. Can you load the shotgun, and load a magazine? Then when the shotgun runs out of shells it just feeds from the magazine. Is this possible, or can only one work at a time?

4. Will shortening the barrel, and extending the shell capacity cause problems when adding a flashlight later on?

blkA4alb
07-10-2006, 6:23 PM
This is regarding a Remington 870 Express

1. 18" is the shortest I can legally go with a barrel here in CA?

2. I want to get one of those extensions that allows me to hold more shells. Right now it only holds 4 shells. How much more could I extend it with only an 18" barrel?

3. Although I haven't seen them or sale recently, I saw some of those magazine attachments for these shotguns. Can you load the shotgun, and load a magazine? Then when the shotgun runs out of shells it just feeds from the magazine. Is this possible, or can only one work at a time?

4. Will shortening the barrel, and extending the shell capacity cause problems when adding a flashlight later on?
1. Yes

2. Probably two, IIRC.

3. I believe you are referring to the Knoxx system. It replaces the magazine tube so I believe you must use the magazines. Also if they havn't already they were going to discontinue that product.

4. I have no idea, there are many ways to attach a flashlight.

tman
07-10-2006, 8:36 PM
Thanks for the reply.

1. Yes

2. Probably two, IIRC.

3. I believe you are referring to the Knoxx system. It replaces the magazine tube so I believe you must use the magazines. Also if they havn't already they were going to discontinue that product.

4. I have no idea, there are many ways to attach a flashlight.
Anyone know why?

grammaton76
07-11-2006, 10:21 AM
On another thread, someone who seems to be from Knoxx stated that they've had problems with the companies that make it for them.