View Full Version : Mossberg Tactical 22lr @ Buds Gun Shop $229.00

12-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Very interesting

Mossberg is joining industry heavyweights in the AR-15 market such as Remington, Ruger, and S&W. Mossberg wants to differentiate themselves in the market by going with a A2-style (carry handle) receiver instead of the A3-style. Featuring A2 front and rear sights with a carry handle picatinny rail if you want to mount optics. Most tactical .22s have a 16" barrel, but Mossberg has decided to go with an 18" barrel for a better sight radius and a more traditional look. Also featuring a full length picatinny rail hand guard and a 10 round or 25 round magazine. Mossberg is offering these guns in a fixed and an adjustable stock.

Model: 37202 Item Condition: Factory New Bud's Item Number: 69670
*Please Note!! Many of our pictures are stock photo's provided to us by the manufacturer and do not necessarily represent the actual item being purchased. Please verify this picture accurately reflects the product described by the title and description on this page before you place your order.
Price: $229.00 *
*Cash discount price

12-07-2010, 2:06 PM
In a review of eight tactical .22lr in American Rifleman the Mossberg finished last in about every category but price. They also said that for someone who just wanter a tactical plinker it wasn't a bad gun if you can live with the 3" groups @ 50 yards and all the plastic. They said they had to look real hard to find some metal. Guess everything but the barrel, receiver and bolt is plastic. It is based on the Mossberg Plinkster. But knowing the limitations going in its not a bad gun for the $$$.

12-07-2010, 3:36 PM
IMO I'd just save up a bit more $$$ go for a M&P 15-22. Seems to me you'd just be throwing your money down the drain with what I've heard about these guns. Personally I also think it's just an eye sore; comparable to the Hi-Point series handguns. In the end, you get what you pay for.