PDA

View Full Version : CMP M1 Garand turnaround question

shmeare
12-06-2010, 4:44 PM
I finally went ahead and placed an order with the CMP in late November. According to my return receipt, they got all of my paper work on 11/29. I ordered two M1 Garands (HRA) service grade. For those of you who have placed orders recently what is the actual turnaround time? according to the website it is 15-30 days... what say you?

Thanks

lgm118icbm
12-06-2010, 4:57 PM
Mine took about 2.5 weeks.

SideWinder11
12-06-2010, 4:57 PM
I say it's longer than the 10 day wait for a firearm here in CA

TRICKSTER
12-06-2010, 5:02 PM
It had been running a little over 2 weeks but they just got swamped with orders for bayonets and M1D accessories so they will probably take longer.

Ape
12-06-2010, 5:10 PM
Mine was right at 2 weeks in October.

Reductio
12-06-2010, 5:18 PM
Dunno what happened with mine, sent it in on Nov 5, was charged about a week and a half later.... and I had to eventually email them and see what was up. Right after they replied, it ended up in the system and was shipped asap. Just got it in this morning..... couldn't have asked for a better rifle.

DirtNapKing
12-06-2010, 6:08 PM
Dunno what happened with mine, sent it in on Nov 5, was charged about a week and a half later.... and I had to eventually email them and see what was up. Right after they replied, it ended up in the system and was shipped asap. Just got it in this morning..... couldn't have asked for a better rifle.
What manufacturer and grade did you go pick out? I just joined the GCA and had my CMP shooting form signed off on.

Reductio
12-06-2010, 6:51 PM
HRA, service grade. the HRA's recently have been in dang good condition, and SG ensures it'll be a shooter for a while. Look around the picture sub-forum here though, some people have been getting very nice field grades.

I happened to get an original walnut stock, and that after being pretty much told they were all gone, I love it even with all the service scratches and dings.

Cato
12-06-2010, 7:00 PM
From the day I dropped the letter in the mail box (just regular mail: not express) until I recieved it in my hands from FedEx it took seven days! - no joke!

That was a couple years ago, though.

jcruzer619
12-06-2010, 7:10 PM
14 days from the time I dropped it in the mail box for my oder to be delivered.

NiteQwill
12-06-2010, 8:39 PM
12 days. I received my last order about 2 weeks ago.

shmeare
12-06-2010, 11:34 PM
It seems like two weeks and half on average. That's cool! I might not get it on my birthday, but I should get it by Xmas.

SanPedroShooter
12-08-2010, 5:07 AM
I put my order in the mail November 22 and i havent heard one word. I dont even know if they got my order. OP, what do you mean "return receipt"
I am going to call today.

metalliman545
12-08-2010, 8:45 AM
11 business days from the day they recieved it

Dr Rockso
12-08-2010, 8:51 AM
I ordered one in Jan 2009, received it in June. Hopefully it's a little better than that now. They were swamped for months because of the Obama panic.

shmeare
12-08-2010, 9:13 AM
Since I was mailing sensitive documents, I used USPS certified mail and return receipt as well (I paid extra for this service). This way I would know they def. got my order and my documents weren't lost along the way.

I put my order in the mail November 22 and i havent heard one word. I dont even know if they got my order. OP, what do you mean "return receipt"
I am going to call today.

eric2063
12-08-2010, 2:31 PM
It'll be a shorter wait than if you had ordered one this time last year, someone else said it took 6 months, mine was 6.5 (ordered mid Dec 2009, arrived June 2010)
Wait a minute this means I'm over due for another one :D
They send you an email when your order is recieved called a DBU (Don't Bug Us) that is how you know they got the order

hybridatsun350
12-08-2010, 3:24 PM
HRA, service grade. the HRA's recently have been in dang good condition, and SG ensures it'll be a shooter for a while. Look around the picture sub-forum here though, some people have been getting very nice field grades.

Definitely. A friend of mine bought an HRA service grade and it looks like a brand new rifle! It came with a beautiful walnut stock. They are worth every penny and then some.

blu97
12-09-2010, 8:40 PM
Mailed 11-12-10, FedEx delivers tomorrow 12-10-10, one field and one service grade H&R , not bad.

mls343
12-10-2010, 4:50 AM
I'm getting mine next week - after sending the paperwork in on Nove 1. Don't use me as an example as I got caought in the NCIS background loop due to someone elses mistake...

Looking forward to getting mone though.

Finally!

SanPedroShooter
12-10-2010, 5:21 AM
I called the cmp wednesday morning. They said they where working on the applications from Nov 23. I sent mine in on Nov 22, but i still havent heard back. I think their emails might be getting rejected, because i havent got the sales update that went out Nov 25. Whatever, when they charge me, i'll know they got it.
How long after they charge your account has it been taking? They say that if you pay with your card, they charge it before the gun goes out the door...

JAGGUY
12-10-2010, 8:01 AM
It'll be a shorter wait than if you had ordered one this time last year, someone else said it took 6 months, mine was 6.5 (ordered mid Dec 2009, arrived June 2010)
Wait a minute this means I'm over due for another one :D
They send you an email when your order is recieved called a DBU (Don't Bug Us) that is how you know they got the order

You sure your 6.5 month wait was 12/09 and not 08? Last November the typical wait was 30 days, mine was 31 days on Dec 17.

shmeare
12-10-2010, 9:00 AM
I got an email from the CMP today...

"We have received and verified your recent order. There is nothing that we
will be able to tell you about the order until we have input all orders
received ahead of yours into the system. Your order will now advance to our
sales area and from there to our shipping area. Please note, that unless
otherwise listed, our order to ship time is at least 30 to 60 days. You will
receive other emails as the order progresses.

Your customer # is XXXXXX. Your password is (XXXXXX). Your email address
and password are what you will need to use to log into our estore to check
order status, purchase items, view your account, etc. The order will not
show as pending until the Sales Department processes and assigns an order
number to it. If you have any problems doing this, please let us know.

Thank you for your order and your support of our program."

Wow huuu!!!! let's hope that is two weeks!

eric2063
12-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Ah Jagguy yes December 2008 was when I began the long wait, where does the time go? I should have proof read my post a little better. I've bought one as a Christmas present for myself the last two years, last year I sent it in on Jan 5th and recieved it April 1st, that was because of the Carbine order flood.

But this means I am not over due for another yet :D

shmeare that means your order has gone, "Open," so now your credit card will be hit and the rifle shipped in the next few days. BE happy your babies coming home soon :D

SanPedroShooter
12-11-2010, 8:22 AM
I got my email. but there was this in it, "For your order to be completed- you will need to send in the Jurat form that is required with all CA notaries."
WTF? The form was notarized in the right place. Did anyone else send in this "jurat form"???
Edit*
Form mailed 11-22, recieved 11-29, order processed 12-6 with request for "jurat form"
Also, they are sold out the HXP spam cans with bandoleers and clips,they still have 200 loose rounds for sale in a .30 cal can, for now...
Or you can go on gunbroker find HXP ammo, bandoleers and clips from the CMP for sale in bits and pieces... scum

rugershooter
12-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Don't mean to thread jack, but I've got a question about proof of shooting activity. Would a BSIS Exposed Firearm permit (armed security) license qualify for that?

SanPedroShooter
12-14-2010, 7:12 AM
Jurat form completed, sent three day post 12/13

mls343
12-14-2010, 9:12 AM
My 2 HRA Service Grades arrive tomorrow by 10:30am!

Christmas on the 15th!

shmeare
12-14-2010, 10:11 PM
Got an email from the cmp today! They shipped today and I get them tomorrow!

SanPedroShooter
12-15-2010, 6:54 AM
arrgh... I sent my missing form in... I am hoping it will be no more than a weeks delay. Please post pics. We both ordered the same thing, i would like to see what you get. I asked for USGI wood, but i am not holding my breath on that one.

mls343
12-15-2010, 9:21 AM
My 2 SG HRA's should be here in the next hour - or less! :-)

NaughtyMonkey
12-15-2010, 1:35 PM
I put in an order for a Winchester Field Grade 2 weeks ago through snail mail and just got the shipping email that it will be here tomorrow!

PBRStreetgang
12-15-2010, 3:18 PM
Think it depends on who is doing the processing that day, and how many people are on vacation. My best ever was 11 days. My worse was 4 months. But as many others have said, I do concur with around 2-3 weeks is average.

SanPedroShooter
12-16-2010, 6:04 PM
Jurat received 12-16. Form sent to sales for processing and shipment! Am hoping to get it sometime next week. Too optimistic? They ship overnight.

cruddymutt
12-16-2010, 7:42 PM
Jurat received 12-16. Form sent to sales for processing and shipment! Am hoping to get it sometime next week. Too optimistic? They ship overnight.

I learned from your mistake and mentioned the Jurat to my notary today. He already knew about it though. My order went out today priority mail for a Service Grade Springfield.

SanPedroShooter
12-17-2010, 6:14 AM
"My" notary seemed to have slight retardation, or brain damage... I'm not sure which. I have a shop in Harbor City, there are two or three se habla espanol lawyers, travel agents, and notaries all rolled into one, down the street from me. I picked on the first one, only to realize later that the guy next to him had an NRA sticker on his notice board inside, and a doormat that said, tresspasers will be shot, surviviours will shot again.
He told me about how a jurat works etc... and told me to demand either my money or a new form. I went and had a talk with the original notary, and he filled out the jurat for me.

shmeare
12-17-2010, 12:30 PM
Well, to sum it up... the CMP received my order on 11/29 and I got my order on 12/15. Not bad at all! this is my bday/xmas present to myself. Here are some pics. I might be able to clean up this weekend maybe go shoot it next week.

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx223/shmeare/photo.jpg
http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx223/shmeare/photo3.jpg
http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx223/shmeare/photo2-1.jpg

SanPedroShooter
12-17-2010, 2:24 PM
woohoo! i bet that wood cleans up real nice, and the park looks solid. Congradulations. Did you request GI wood?

shmeare
12-17-2010, 3:19 PM
Nope, nothing special for now. I just wanted a shooter. Maybe on my next order.

SanPedroShooter
12-17-2010, 3:29 PM
Right, you didnt request it, but you got it anyway. I am hoping for the same thing.

Darklyte27
12-17-2010, 4:41 PM
you got it easy.... see how long it took me

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=192709

SanPedroShooter
12-30-2010, 6:02 PM
Just an update, the CMP charged my card today at 7:49pst.
Form mailed 11-22, recieved 11-29, order processed 12-6 with request for " CA jurat form" Jurat mailed 12/13, recieved 12/16 Card charged 12/30!
They are closed tommorow, but i am hoping to get my SG HRA early next week!

On a side note, the OP sent his form the same day i sent mine, and he got his rifle on 12/15. Don't forget a form!!

cruddymutt
12-30-2010, 6:13 PM
I got what I think is the "DBU" email today.
So my timeline is....
Form sent 12-16-10
received 12-18-10
DBU 12-30-10

Anchors
12-30-2010, 6:22 PM
I like how this looks. I got my Gen 4 Glock all sold so I have the funds for my Garand and a tin of .30-06.
I just need GCA to get my darn membership card out to me.

DirtNapKing
12-30-2010, 6:33 PM
I like how this looks. I got my Gen 4 Glock all sold so I have the funds for my Garand and a tin of .30-06.
Did my GCA at the begining of the month. Faxed my membership into GCA and I had my card and magazine in less than 7 days. Good luck!

cruddymutt
12-30-2010, 6:44 PM

Call them. When I saw that Springfield service grades were back up I called GCA and the guy on the phone gave me my member number.

Anchors
12-30-2010, 8:32 PM
Call them. When I saw that Springfield service grades were back up I called GCA and the guy on the phone gave me my member number.

Sweet tip!
Thanks!

SanPedroShooter
01-04-2011, 4:01 PM
No official notice, but i checked my e-store account and my garand shipped today! Should be here tomorrow, pics to come!

gotthelife4u
01-04-2011, 8:41 PM
I am in the process of getting my paperwork in order for CMP. This Jurat form you guys are talking about, is that something every notary can do or has? One more question. I am going to join the GCA, how long did it take to get your membership card?

cruddymutt
01-04-2011, 9:50 PM
Your notary should know what a Jurat is. I mentioned it to mine right away, he looked at the form and said yup I needed one. Its just another form they attach to your order form, no big deal but you got to have it.
I got my GCA card about a week after I sent it.

gotthelife4u
01-05-2011, 7:46 AM
Your notary should know what a Jurat is. I mentioned it to mine right away, he looked at the form and said yup I needed one. Its just another form they attach to your order form, no big deal but you got to have it.
I got my GCA card about a week after I sent it.

OK thanks for the Info.

finloq
01-05-2011, 11:08 PM

Not a member but this is on their FAQ site:

How does the CMP know if I am a GCA member?
IF you indicated “yes” on your membership application to release your information to Civilian Marksmanship Program, you will be included in our weekly file transfer to CMP. The current GCA member roster is sent to the CMP on a weekly basis, normally this happens on Monday. If your membership was received and processed on Friday, the CMP will have a record of it the following Monday, even before your new member packet reaches you through the mail.

http://www.thegca.org/faq#7