PDA

View Full Version : Proposed AW ammendment. Will it outlaw Mini-14's and M1A's?

TrailerparkTrash
07-09-2006, 8:31 AM
With the Cal DOJ wanting to ammend the definition of an assault weapon, will this now mean that the standard mini-14's, 30's, M1A's etc.... will be outlawed in CA?????

I haven't been following the DOJ AW stuff in a while.

OR... does it mean that guns like the Mini-14 would only be outlawed if it could hold a detach magazine AND have one of the other listed characteristics mentioned in the penal code?

I'm hoping and praying that just beacuse the gun accepts a detach mag, doesn't alone mean that the gun will be banned and ultimately subject to registration.

Dont Tread on Me
07-09-2006, 8:35 AM
This legistlation is aimed at our off list lowers.

There are rumblings that a full semi-auto ban bill is being shopped around in Sacramento to determine the level of support for such a bill. Yes to gun banners have your Mini 14, SU16, and M1A in their sights but nothing is out yet.

SemiAutoSam
07-09-2006, 8:43 AM
You may as well ask the magic 8 BALL

SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE

Q: will the DOJ out law all previously legal wood stocked rifles that did not have pistol grips ?

A: Most Likely, Outlook no so good, Cannot predict now, It is certian.

As you can see from the above answers I asked the question of the Magic 8 Ball 4 times and these are the answers I received.

Keep in mind this question was asked of my son's magic 8 ball. The Magic 8 Ball that I owned as a child was alot more conservative in its answers.

because of the political climate of the time in which my sons magic 8 ball was mfg its alot more liberal.

6172crew
07-09-2006, 8:50 AM
With AB2728 worded the way it is they could go after and list a M1A, Mini14 because they could be built into a AW.

I dont think they would/could do that without offering a 90 day window for registation though and I dont see them going after something that never left the factory as a AW although you can add a pistol grip to just about any semi auto rifle.

The Aug16th pow wow addresses the AR/AK issue they got slammed with and they have said they want us to fix the magazines so they cannot be removed with a tool and its now time to write letters to the DOJ and have them respond to our concerns why its just about the dumbest skeem they have come up with yet.

As a LEO it would be helpfull if you address your letter as a COP/Owner not just owner as it should carry some extra weight.

chris
07-09-2006, 9:03 AM
don't forget the SKS's and M1 carbines either. forgive me if i'm wrong is not against the Kalifornia constitution or law for the state to register long arms (rifles, shotguns)? just curious idf they banned semi-auto rifles this would be a gross violation of the state constitution. but that has never stopped them in the past.

do i see it in the near future oh hell yeah. in fact i see this type of legislation gaining steam after the election if angeledes is elected. the liberals are wetting their pants at the prospect of this guy getting in.

VOTE this year or lose it all very soon.

SemiAutoSam
07-09-2006, 9:03 AM
Maybe if the entire 30K of us that own OLL'S told them to go pound sand they would see it differently

strength in numbers right ?

chris
07-09-2006, 9:08 AM
i think the clause in the U.S. Constitution has to be used. when the government becomes self serving it is the right of the people to abolish it. for give me if i miss quoted it.

kantstudien
07-09-2006, 2:23 PM
Yes, everything will be banned, including airsoft.

Stanze
07-09-2006, 2:36 PM
i think the clause in the U.S. Constitution has to be used. when the government becomes self serving it is the right of the people to abolish it. for give me if i miss quoted it.

The 2nd amendment means that Congress will not infringe(although they have) on our right to bear arms.

CA doesn't have a "2nd, right to bear arms" amendment in our state constitution, technically they don't have to allow any right to bear arms at all.:(

SemiAutoSam
07-09-2006, 2:45 PM
The 2nd amendment means that Congress will not infringe(although they have) on our right to bear arms.

CA doesn't have a "2nd, right to bear arms" amendment in our state constitution, technically they don't have to allow any right to bear arms at all.:(

Ahhh but it might

Maybe not the Constitution that we are under at the moment but the original one (Constitution of 1849) and the only one that really has any effect See site below.

http://www.ucop.edu/cprc/caconst.pdf

Below is the link to the of 1849 and below this is where it talks about being a citizen of the United States this to me means that we aren't born US Citizens we elect to become US Citizens So I ask you if we have to elect to become US Citizens then what were we before we did this ?

ARTICLE II.

Right of Suffrage.

Sec. 1. Every white male citizen of the United States, and every white male citizen of Mexico,
who shall have elected to become a citizen of the United States

http://www.ss.ca.gov/archives/level3_const1849txt.html