PDA

View Full Version : Airborne Musuem

smle-man
12-04-2010, 12:22 PM
I am visiting my daughter and granddaughter at Fayetteville NC (FT. Bragg) and went to the Airborne Museum. Definitely worth the time to visit! Several rare firearms such as a Johnson LMG and a German FG42 along with many other military arms are in the museum. There is a C 47 suspended from the ceiling and a Waco glider at ground level. It is modern and well laid out. I wondered about the arms displayed on mannikins that are right out on the floor where you can fondle the display if you are so inclined. At least some of those are airsoft on closer examination. There is also a M1A El Monte FedOrd rifle standing in for an M14! The other arms behind glass are the real-deal. Nostalgia for me was the M551 Sheridan on display.

Worth the time and it is free, although a donation is requested.

JOEKILLA
12-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Pictures?

Vee3
12-04-2010, 10:39 PM
I was there a few years ago while visiting my Wife's Grandfather in Red Springs, NC. One of the best military museums I've been to.

On a side note, I never knew there were still small towns (like Red Springs) in the South that looked and felt just like I was in the movie "Mississippi Burning."

devilinblack
12-05-2010, 7:29 AM
I used to love going there when I was stationed at Bragg. It really gave you a sense of the history of the 82d and how vital it has been to America and the world. It sounds like it's a lot bigger than it was 20 years ago though.

smle-man
12-05-2010, 9:53 AM
This one isn't on post and is dedicated to all the U.S. Airborne and special operations forces. I think it is about 5-6 years old.