PDA

View Full Version : record firearm purchases from CMP in bound book?

swift
12-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Since one does not need a C&R license to order a garand from the CMP, is one required to enter the serial number in his bound book?

Mssr. Eleganté
12-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Since one does not need a C&R license to order a garand from the CMP, is one required to enter the serial number in his bound book?

If you are receiving a C&R firearm from the CMP then yes it goes into your bound book. The law requires that licensed collectors shall enter each receipt or disposition of a C&R firearm into their bound book.

otteray
12-04-2010, 1:43 PM
Maybe I'm confused; but, I've bought several Garands and a Carbine from CMP and I don't need a bound book...
I've never seen any mention on their site, either.

Mssr. Eleganté
12-04-2010, 1:52 PM
Maybe I'm confused; but, I've bought several Garands and a Carbine from CMP and I don't need a bound book...
I've never seen any mention on their site, either.

You only need to enter firearms into your "bound book" if you are an FFL. If you are not an FFL then don't worry about it. It has nothing to do with the CMP, it's an ATF thing.

ke6guj
12-04-2010, 1:58 PM
The law requires that licensed collectors shall enter each receipt or disposition of a C&R firearm into their bound book.

this.

you are licensed as an 03FFL, you don't USE your 03FFL. All C&R activity that occurs while you are licensed shall be entered into your bound book, whether or not you USED your 03FFL to acquire it.

otteray
12-04-2010, 5:37 PM
By his post, I was assuming that swift was not an FFL.
Sorry for any added confusion. :flowers:

:leaving: