PDA

View Full Version : Stevens Savage Over-under shotgun rifle

janafair54
12-03-2010, 3:02 PM
Perfect Christmas Gift! Stevens Savage over-under shotgun rifle. Model # 22410. [LIST=1]
Comes with a like new padded case. Easy to carry. $250.00 (916)502-0728.

bucktooth7
12-03-2010, 9:31 PM
Is this shotgun for sale? Does it have choke tubes? Where are you at ?

bjl333
12-03-2010, 9:37 PM
This is an old Savage Stevens, probably in 30-06/20ga. Very rugged guns but limited use for field here in the US. In Europe where guns are hard to license a combo would make more sense.

11011500a
12-03-2010, 9:40 PM
Looks like a .22lr/410

bjl333
12-03-2010, 9:46 PM
Looks like a .22lr/410

I think you might be right !!!

janafair54
12-05-2010, 10:06 AM
Yes- it is for sale. It was my dad's. My grampa had a quarry on his ranch in Oakdale, and my dad used the gun for hunting pheasant. I am in Sacramento. I have asked all 4 of my daughters, and they are not interested. I was keeping it for the memories, but now, quite frankly, I need the money,honey. My dad's memories are in my heart, but PG&E heats my house! Interesting comment on the possibility of the rifle's suitability for European soil more appropriate than US. The gunshop who appraised it said the barrel appeared to be modified, as it was not rounded inside (I pictured his verbage as a beveled sleeve, but then, I really don't know guns). This was possibly an original feature of the gunI , and not a modification. I know my dad would not modify a gun- and I would guess my grampa may have given it to him. Maybe I should raise the price?.......hmmmmmm..............:rolleyes::rolle yes:

Argonaut
12-05-2010, 10:57 AM
This is an old Savage Stevens, probably in 30-06/20 ga. Very rugged guns but limited use for field here in the US. In Europe where guns are hard to license a combo would make more sense.

Mmmmmmmmmm, Savage never built a rifle shotgun combo in a rifle caliber larger than 30/30 in the US, and those were rare. The only larger rifle caliber guns they sold were Valmets that had the Savage name on them. I have one that I bought in europe in 308/12 gauge that I love. I bought the Savage 2400 instead of the Valmet labeled one because it had a little better finish and better checkering. Most of these guns are 20 gauge or smaller and commonly 22 LR but they were made in 222, 30/30 and a few were 16 or 12 gauge on the shotgun barrel. They were never high quality guns but always adequate for there intended purpose. Savage also imported an over under shotgun (the 333) that was made by Valmet in Finland.

janafair54
12-05-2010, 11:23 AM
The barrel does call out 'Stevens Savage Arms Corporation Chicopee Fall, Mass, USA. Model 22-410' on one side, and '22 Long Rifle ', 'Proof Tested 410 Bore,' and '3 inch Chamber' centered between 2 arrows on the other side of barrel. It has tiny patent number that I could read with a magnifier if you would like

Argonaut
12-05-2010, 11:51 AM
That was a common "Pot" gun. They were great at filling the stew pot with rabbits or grouse or quail.........My great uncle carried one to Elk camp (in Idaho) every year just for that use.

CSACANNONEER
12-05-2010, 11:55 AM
First, this is not the for sale form so, expect this thread to be moved and all these responses to be deleted. Secondly, if you happen to be headed towards LA any time soon, I'd be interested in it.

janafair54
12-05-2010, 12:44 PM
What???? I was told that the home page was the 'wrong forum'. From a nubian's prospective-shotgun or rifle gallery would be the correct place to post a shotgun/rifle. And, no- I am not going to LA in the near furture, neither Louisiana or Los Angelas

janafair54
12-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Also- as a veteran to this site, it would be a great move to instruct the correct forum to post guns that are for sale. And I meant Los Angeles. I want to meet the prospective buyer at a gun store or police dept in the Sac area. Thanks.

CSACANNONEER
12-05-2010, 3:08 PM
Too bad you're not coming down. I was just up your way two weeks ago but, I'm not plannig on going up there for a few months. Anyway, this is the forum that you should be posting it in:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=92

But, it looks like you've already got a buyer. Please, do yourself a favor and do not meet at a police station. More than likely, it'll create a bit of drama. Also, as long as this is over 50 years old, you can sell it face to face without a FFL involved. If that's the case, meet in a gunshop parking lot but, do not conduct bussiness inside the store. It's in very poor form. If it's less than 50 years old, you'll need to go through an 01FFL and do paperwork. So, the gun will have to go into (and stay for 10 days) a gun shop anyway.
Again good luck with the sale and I'm sorry I can't buy it. I'd love to have another combo gun.