PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical

TonyNorCal
07-07-2006, 12:34 PM
Hypothetical (which will never come to pass)...but hey, it's the internet and that never stopped anyone from posting...:p

Let's say you could be awarded the C&R priviledges granted people in a free country...

Like..well...

1.) You could purchase C&R handguns.
2.) You could purchase C&R rifles 50 years or less in age.
3.) You could buy hi-cap mags along with C&R guns.
4.) You could buy C&R rifles with evil features.

In short, you could buy anything designated C&R, just like the ATF intended. And, you wouldn't have to go that extra mile to make the Great State of California happy.

In return you'd agree to not purchase any modern guns for a year. So, basically you'd be all C&R. No FFL.

Take it or leave it?

PJA
07-07-2006, 12:41 PM
I'll take it!
Pete

Scotto
07-07-2006, 3:10 PM
I got real excited when I saw full auto C&R guns on a website until I found out that we can't get them here in california, but if we were in one of the free states we could order a real life FA C&R

tygerpaw
07-07-2006, 9:20 PM
Regarding C&R machine guns, assuming you lived in a free state, do you still have to go through the NFA process, or do you just buy them like any other C&R purchase? I was looking on Gun Broker at the Class 3 section and for some Thompsons and other SMG's, the impression I got was they they could ship to a C&R!

grammaton76
07-07-2006, 9:26 PM
In return you'd agree to not purchase any modern guns for a year. So, basically you'd be all C&R. No FFL.

Take it or leave it?

Abso-freaking-lutely. If it were a lifelong ban from purchasing modern weapons, I would have to think long and hard on it since C&R does keep moving up in time. Some really fun stuff will hit C&R over the next 20-30 years.

But one year? C'mon, I could spend a year's gun budget on C&R easily, even if I weren't restricted to it. Evil features and such would just add more fun to it! :)

Mssr. Eleganté
07-08-2006, 12:31 AM
When I had my C&R FFL I went 2 and a half years without buying a modern firearm.

EOD Guy
07-08-2006, 7:00 AM
Regarding C&R machine guns, assuming you lived in a free state, do you still have to go through the NFA process, or do you just buy them like any other C&R purchase? I was looking on Gun Broker at the Class 3 section and for some Thompsons and other SMG's, the impression I got was they they could ship to a C&R!

You still have to do all the NFA paperwork and pay the transfer fee. C&R's can be shipped directly to a C&R FFL holder after everything is approved by BATF.

chris
07-08-2006, 8:40 AM
just think guys the M16 is about 40+ years old now. it will be a C&R pretty soon. my taste in weapons goes through phases and you seen the Shiloh i want to buy. i would take a year of no modern weapons if i could have what i want.

slowjonn
07-09-2006, 9:28 PM
I too would give it up for a year. It would be worth it to add a M1A1 carbine to the herd. It really tears at me that I can have all the carbines I want, but not the 'A1 just because of the damn folding stock. That alone would make this scenario worth it.

Besides, the cost of that one addition would put me in a years hole anyways!:D