PDA

View Full Version : My Rimfire family

papafloyd
12-03-2010, 10:42 AM
The Standard Ruger was the 1st bought to build the Race Rifle, ended up not using it for parts. Refinished the stock with Tru-oil and added some Power Custom parts to the trigger. The Race Rifle sports Kidd Receiver, bolt, and 2 stage trigger, Tac sol barrel, and Revolution stock w/Leapers scope and Harris bipod. The 9 shot revolver was my dads and is a Sears model 90 made by High Standard (I was told), it needs some sights. And now my newest, just picked up 12/1, is a Ruger Mark III target pistol with Hogue grips and an Ultradot red dot. I was thinking of turning the standard rifle into an ultimate but after looking the stock I'll probably just dress it up with some bolt and barrel work, and a new scope. I think it looks "Pretty". It actually took alot of work to refinish the stock, alot of sanding, steaming out dents, and then layers of Tru-oil.

SoCal Bob
12-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Its nice to see a family gathering where everyone gets along so well.

Oceanbob
12-03-2010, 10:58 AM
The Standard Ruger was the 1st bought to build the Race Rifle, ended up not using it for parts. Refinished the stock with Tru-oil and added some Power Custom parts to the trigger. The Race Rifle sports Kidd Receiver, bolt, and 2 stage trigger, Tac sol barrel, and Revolution stock w/Leapers scope and Harris bipod. The 9 shot revolver was my dads and is a Sears model 90 made by High Standard (I was told), it needs some sights. And now my newest, just picked up 12/1, is a Ruger Mark III target pistol with Hogue grips and an Ultradot red dot. I was thinking of turning the standard rifle into an ultimate but after looking the stock I'll probably just dress it up with some bolt and barrel work, and a new scope. I think it looks "Pretty". It actually took alot of work to refinish the stock, alot of sanding, steaming out dents, and then layers of Tru-oil.

Blue stock....Gotta get something like that :D

Izzy43
12-03-2010, 1:25 PM
Nice looking family but I see you are missing a Bolt Action Brother. Get a CZ, open the box run a patch down the barrel and start shooting very small groups. They are incredible.

papafloyd
12-04-2010, 3:22 PM
I was looking at a bolt action, but not in .22lr, been looking at CZ527, Tikka, and Rem 700. But my dentist took my gun money so I have to wait for a bit.

Thanks Ken