PDA

View Full Version : Good for Enterprise (iPhone/iPad)

Diabolus
12-03-2010, 6:21 AM
Does anyone have experience with this app on the iPhone?

It allows for Exchange email to be pushed to a personal iPhone. I see it eliminating the need for BlackBerry service at my company, but I want to know how intrusive it is. On the website it seems this app can do a lot of things, including resetting passwords and wiping devices remotely.

I like the idea of corporate email on my iPhone so I only have to carry one device, but this sounds awfully intrusive. I wonder if there is any kind of reporting activity as well....

http://www.good.com/products/good-mobile-messaging.php

ocabj
12-03-2010, 6:49 AM
You have Exchange at work? You're not using Exchange ActiveSync? Because if you are, it will already push Exchange email, calendar, and contact data to your phone without a third-party app. That's what we're doing.

As far as intrusive, there are some GPOs that can be implemented on devices using Exchange ActiveSync including remote wipe. But if you have concerns on what your employer can see on your personal phone, don't use your personal phone for work related activity.

Diabolus
12-03-2010, 7:27 AM
You have Exchange at work? You're not using Exchange ActiveSync? Because if you are, it will already push Exchange email, calendar, and contact data to your phone without a third-party app. That's what we're doing.

As far as intrusive, there are some GPOs that can be implemented on devices using Exchange ActiveSync including remote wipe. But if you have concerns on what your employer can see on your personal phone, don't use your personal phone for work related activity.

We dont use ActiveSync, and I'd have to agree with you about the personal phone. This Good app seems a lot more intrusive than what was originally explained to me.

bigmike82
12-03-2010, 8:00 AM
Goodlink was pretty good. We used it at a company I worked for.

Nose Nuggets
12-03-2010, 4:10 PM
we are a IT managed services company and we pretty much all have iphones with activesync, and we all like it. is there a technical limitation on activesync for you guys?