PDA

View Full Version : Wooden Cabinet to hide a Gun Safe

Apeman88
07-06-2006, 9:24 PM
Just bought a safe and it is too big to put in the closet... may have to put it in the living room. Wife would hate a steel box in there. I've seen wooden cabinets that covers a gun safe on the net before but can;t find any right now. Anyone know of a company that makes wooden cabinets to hide a gun safe?

Thanks!

Ken

douglasmorris99
07-07-2006, 5:16 PM
I would buy an armoir or ent center from good will or Sal army..or maybe from one of the nude furniture stores
some wood glue, clamps, a sawsall..a little creativite thinking..you could come up with something nice for under 3 or 4 hundred..that she can live with

guns_and_labs
07-07-2006, 6:23 PM
You can also find an enclosure at a wine cellar supplier/store. They have a lot of build-it-yourself wooden boxes, different sizes. Sometimes cheaper than an armoire.

74man
07-31-2006, 5:21 PM
I got some finished plywood and made a box with the inside demensions plus the area for the handle, just the same as the safe. I assembled the top, sides and bottom with brads and glue. Then I measured back three inches(for the handle) and using a guide I cut the front off of the box. Sanded all the wood and put the front back on with clamps. Installed four cabinet hinges,then cut out floor so I could slide it over the safe. Once it was over the safe I put some supports on both the top and bottom of the front, up against the safe face. It holds it just fine but I keep mine in my garage and bolted to the floor. You will think of something.