PDA

View Full Version : New owner Neos U22

rocker
12-02-2010, 6:44 PM
Just purchased my first handgun today. A all black 4.5" Beretta Neos U22! Everything I have read about this gun is very positive. It will be a great complement to my Marlin 795. 10 days before its out of jail.....Cant wait!

EdCo
12-03-2010, 7:01 PM
Congrats on your new purchase! You'll love your U22.

RaceDay
12-03-2010, 7:39 PM
Congrats. Neos is a nice pistol. The removeable barrel makes it very easy to clean.

Fraggle
12-04-2010, 11:29 AM
I recently purchased a Neos with the 6" barrel. I can almost keep up with the old man and his 10-22 for groups @ 25yards. Grats on your purchase, you'll love it.

pilote
12-05-2010, 4:28 AM
you'll get great muzzle flash when you use stingers on the 4.5"...

pontiacpratt
12-05-2010, 9:44 PM
you'll get great muzzle flash when you use stingers on the 4.5"...

Yessir! The 4.5 Barrel also turn's heads... People are always thinking its a 9mm. lol
I just ran about 400 rounds through mine in around an hour today.

Logan3
12-06-2010, 5:39 AM
Nice pick up! The Neos was my first pistol and has been great. Approaching 10,000 rounds through it with no issues. Some people won't consider it because it is not a Ruger or Browning, but the Neos is a great gun and a blast to shoot. It also looks better than the Rugers (IMHO). Have fun and be ready to have people ask to shoot it.

XDRoX
12-06-2010, 6:57 AM
Congrats.
The Neos is one of the most under appreciated pistols IMO. They're well built, easy to take down, and extremely accurate. Mine eats anything. I think I had a few jams when it was new, but after a few hundred rounds it starting to like everything. I don't remember when I got mine, I know it was when they first came out maybe around 8 years ago:confused:

Here is mine:
http://members.cox.net/chrismosteller/Neos.jpg

lugee
12-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Make sure your neos is post recall. I got mine when they first came out and need to send it back in!

Turo
12-07-2010, 12:25 PM
Make sure your neos is post recall. I got mine when they first came out and need to send it back in!

I'd disagree. The recall changes the firing pin to one with a noticeably heavier and grittier trigger. Mine is pre-recall and the trigger feels like about 3lbs and my roommate's feels like 6 or 7. But enough of that, Here's mine!

Before red dot:
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t266/Turophiliac/DSC00795.jpg

After red dot, and what it looks like currently:
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t266/Turophiliac/IMAGE_002-1.jpg

Also, a fun video of rapid fire! (btw, the audio is loud. Fair warning :D)
TJEBrQ55OeI

Also, the extractor blew off on mine, and I had to get another one. Unfortunately, nobody sells just the extractor, but I was lucky enough to find a friend that works for a Beretta repair shop somewhat locally and he got me one.

pilote
12-07-2010, 3:34 PM
Here is mine:
http://members.cox.net/chrismosteller/Neos.jpg

i think i got the same red dot...i tried putting on the rail but it didn't fit; and i did try both sizes on the bsa...

i'm using the 7.5" barrel; i'll have to check if that rail is wider than the 6 and 4.5 barrel rails...

SteveSatch
12-07-2010, 3:37 PM
How much does the Neos sell for when Turners put it on sale?

pilote
12-07-2010, 4:51 PM

all those neos for sale on gunbroker that are in the black molded cases; those are the old cases; those models MAY have the old pin and therefore are in the recall...the new case is in a basic foam blue; not nearly as nice as the black ones...of course some in the new cases may be recall types too...

EdCo
12-07-2010, 7:21 PM
all those neos for sale on gunbroker that are in the black molded cases; those are the old cases; those models MAY have the old pin and therefore are in the recall...the new case is in a basic foam blue; not nearly as nice as the black ones...of course some in the new cases may be recall types too...

I have the blue case and had to send it in for the recall.

pilote
12-07-2010, 7:31 PM
I have the blue case and had to send it in for the recall.

...well there you go...i also got one in the blue case and it had the new pin...i also got a black case off ebay...

BOFH
12-07-2010, 8:57 PM
My Neos was returned for the recall recently and they replaced more than just the firing pin, they replaced the sear and the housing that holds the firing pin as well. Not sure if anything was redesigned on the other components but the trigger pretty much feels like it did when new.

lugee
12-07-2010, 9:00 PM
i just dry fired/snap cap my U22 and it definitely feels more like a 5 - 7 lb pull with the pre-recall firing pin. Anyways, here's a picture of a my Inox.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x288/lugee3/pistols/U22.jpg

Turo
12-07-2010, 9:46 PM
i just dry fired/snap cap my U22 and it definitely feels more like a 5 - 7 lb pull with the pre-recall firing pin. Anyways, here's a picture of a my Inox.

We must have very different guns then. My trigger pull is significantly lighter than my Glock, which is supposed to be about 5.5lbs. I'd say it was about 30-40 percent lighter. I won't send mine in for the recall because it's strictly a range/target gun and after what I saw on my buddy's after-recall Neos, it completely ruins the trigger.

BOFH
12-07-2010, 9:52 PM

We must have very different guns then. My trigger pull is significantly lighter than my Glock, which is supposed to be about 5.5lbs. I'd say it was about 30-40 percent lighter. I won't send mine in for the recall because it's strictly a range/target gun and after what I saw on my buddy's after-recall Neos, it completely ruins the trigger.

I have shot three U22's and they were all over 5lbs. Yours is not the norm to be sure. Things might have changed since the initial run but when they were new the single biggest complaint I ever read in reviews was the heavy trigger.

Turo
12-07-2010, 10:02 PM
I have shot three U22's and they were all over 5lbs. Yours is not the norm to be sure. Things might have changed since the initial run but when they were new the single biggest complaint I ever read in reviews was the heavy trigger.

Hmm, maybe I'm the lucky one then. My serial starts with P96, and I bought mine in April of 09. Maybe they changed something before the recalled pin but after I got mine?

ETA: I snapped a quick picture of my non-recalled firing pin.
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t266/Turophiliac/IMAG01261.jpg

BOFH
12-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Hmm, maybe I'm the lucky one then. My serial starts with P96, and I bought mine in April of 09. Maybe they changed something before the recalled pin but after I got mine?

I think we got ours in '07. I happened to talk to a friend of mine with a Neos a few minutes ago and he swears his Neos trigger is under 5lb, so I might just be wrong. I gotta buy a gauge one day. :rolleyes:

Turo
12-07-2010, 10:22 PM
I think we got ours in '07. I happened to talk to a friend of mine with a Neos a few minutes ago and he swears his Neos trigger is under 5lb, so I might just be wrong. I gotta buy a gauge one day. :rolleyes:

You and me both :).

BOFH
12-07-2010, 10:24 PM

I still have a old style pin, its quite different than the new one. I have not been able to find out if the other new components they replaced on our Neos are 'revised' as well to work with the new pin or not...they might have replaced the other parts since they were pretty worn. They also replaced the roll pins in the rail, but those suckers were just hammered and needed replacement. I'll need to try the old pin with the new sear and guide and see if it even functions.

Turo
12-07-2010, 10:32 PM
I still have a old style pin, its quite different than the new one. I have not been able to find out if the other new components they replaced on our Neos are 'revised' as well to work with the new pin or not...they might have replaced the other parts since they were pretty worn. They also replaced the roll pins in the rail, but those suckers were just hammered and needed replacement. I'll need to try the old pin with the new sear and guide and see if it even functions.

It does function. I tried my old pin in my roommate's after-recall Neos, and it resulted in a markedly reduced pull weight, and his firing pin in mine resulted in a gritty and stiffer pull. As far as I could tell without removing the sear and guide, the two sears were pretty close to the same.

lugee
12-08-2010, 6:54 AM
I know there are different versions of the neos. One version has a different trigger with an "adjustable" trigger. I don't remember which one.

Turo
12-08-2010, 12:26 PM
I know there are different versions of the neos. One version has a different trigger with an "adjustable" trigger. I don't remember which one.

That's the DLX version. I have the base model (non-DLX, non-INOX) Do any of you other guys have the DLX version? That could be the difference we're seeing in the trigger pull.

EdCo
12-08-2010, 12:40 PM

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x288/lugee3/pistols/U22.jpg

What brand red dot do you use? I've been wanting to buy a red dot but I feel as if I still need to learn how to shoot with irons.

EdCo
12-08-2010, 12:57 PM

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t266/Turophiliac/IMAG01261.jpg

Here is a pic of the new pin.
http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae175/EdCoPics/p_00153.jpg

BOFH
12-08-2010, 11:36 PM

That's the DLX version. I have the base model (non-DLX, non-INOX) Do any of you other guys have the DLX version? That could be the difference we're seeing in the trigger pull.

I think only the overtravel was adjustable, not the pull weight. I also think the DLX has not been available for a long time but I am not 100% sure.

rocker
12-12-2010, 6:14 PM
Yeaaaa, picked it up today at 2:18 and 32seconds and not a second sooner! I must say it is a nice pistol. I loaded with snap caps to try out different funtions. I have no idea what the pull weight is but is feels fine to me. Also ejected all the caps no problem several times. My Marlin 795 wouldnt eject all the time until the mags loosened up. The mags for the U22 are easy to load and unload. Just giving it the once over. Will be out to the range later in the week. Ill post how it went......:D

Turo
12-12-2010, 6:20 PM
Yeaaaa, picked it up today at 2:18 and 32seconds and not a second sooner! I must say it is a nice pistol. I loaded with snap caps to try out different funtions. I have no idea what the pull weight is but is feels fine to me. Also ejected all the caps no problem several times. My Marlin 795 wouldnt eject all the time until the mags loosened up. The mags for the U22 are easy to load and unload. Just giving it the once over. Will be out to the range later in the week. Ill post how it went......:D

Congrats! Yes, definitely let us know how yours shoots.

I actually took mine out yesterday and had a blast! I was hitting 12" steel targets at 100 yards about every 7 out of 10 shots :D.