PDA

View Full Version : Info on Kimber of Oregon 22

sactobill
12-02-2010, 10:23 AM
I am trying to research the history of a Kimber of Oregon 22 I purchased about 8 years ago. It's looks like a Super America with a beautiful claro wood stock, ebony tip and steel butt stock plate.

The serial number is 146B. Any information or advice on where to research for additional information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

usmcchet9296
12-02-2010, 11:31 AM
I am trying to research the history of a Kimber of Oregon 22 I purchased about 8 years ago. It's looks like a Super America with a beautiful claro wood stock, ebony tip and steel butt stock plate.

The serial number is 146B. Any information or advice on where to research for additional information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Its a Kimber of Oregon ...its a keeper a quality firearm

X-NewYawker
12-02-2010, 11:57 AM
Call Kimber's office in Montana.
They will be able to help you --

and Kimber has officially stopped making .22 bolt action rifles -- so hold onto it!

sactobill
12-02-2010, 1:03 PM
Call Kimber's office in Montana.
They will be able to help you --

and Kimber has officially stopped making .22 bolt action rifles -- so hold onto it!

Hey X-NewYawker,

Shout out from another X-NewYawker. I'm definitely holding on to it. I made the mistake of selling a Kimber of Oregon 22 5 years before I bought this one and regretted it ever since.

I'm just wondering about the background because it looks like a Super America but it doesn't say that anywhere.

12-02-2010, 1:06 PM
Is it possible that it is an "S" series and not a Super. Kimber made the S series prior to the super. The “S” series rifles were made by Kimber in response to Dealer requests for something “special”. The Model 82 .22lr “S” series was available only to Kimber master dealers.

The distinguishing features of this model are:

European classic style stock of select claro walnut
Neidner type checkered steel buttplate
22 line per inch full coverage borderless hand checkering
Ebony forend tip
Special contoured receiver tang
Express style open rear sight with a front ramp and

Black_Talon
12-02-2010, 4:04 PM
There's some pretty sharp Kimber guys here:

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php?

sactobill
12-02-2010, 8:29 PM
Is it possible that it is an "S" series and not a Super. Kimber made the S series prior to the super. The “S” series rifles were made by Kimber in response to Dealer requests for something “special”. The Model 82 .22lr “S” series was available only to Kimber master dealers.

The distinguishing features of this model are:

European classic style stock of select claro walnut
Neidner type checkered steel buttplate
22 line per inch full coverage borderless hand checkering
Ebony forend tip
Special contoured receiver tang
Express style open rear sight with a front ramp and

That about describes my gun except it doesn't have sights. Other features are there. I'm sure curious to find out what it's background is.