View Full Version : Worth of a Limited Edition Marlin Model 60 .22?

12-01-2010, 7:55 PM
I will get some pics later but Im trying to find the value of my VERY good condition marlin model 60 .22. It says its limited edition on the stock and barrel and the stock has a gold emblem with the text and a picture of a squirrel on it. I cant find an exact match online anywhere

SoCal Bob
12-01-2010, 9:19 PM
If I am not mistaken you may be talking about a Glenfield Model 60. The Glenfield Model 60 is a spin off brand made by Marlin. I think the Marlins had a plain stock while the Glenfield's had a squirrel and acorn design embossed on the stock. For what it's worth I paid about 90 for one recently that was decent but not pristine. I have another that is like new that I traded a Schwinn bicycle for about 20 years ago.

Just like the Marlin 60 but with different stocks as I recall. Great guns by the way.

I just looked at one and the barrel says "Glenfield Mod 60" "The Marlin Firearms Co."

12-02-2010, 4:40 AM
While most of the Glenfield/Marlin model 60s sold by Sears had a squirrel impressed in the stock at the wrist, with some lines above the squirrel. One with gold or the word limited edition impressed would be rarer. Go over to the Marlinowners forum and ask. Some over there collect Marlin animal guns. There are bolt actions with a ground hog and lever actions with animals impressed. Because the basic action had over 10 million made the prices are lower than they should be. Also Sears sells everything in high volume limited edition and Marlin hardly go together. :)

12-02-2010, 4:55 AM
Unless you find a true collecter, it's probably worth $100-125 like 11,000,000 other Marlin 60s.