PDA

View Full Version : Good service from Ruger

chickenfried
12-01-2010, 5:51 PM
My ruger 678GC's firing pin broke, 1/8" from the tip it snapped off. Not sure what happened. After a range trip where the ruger functioned normally, I was cleaning the chamber area with a q-tip and found the 1/8" metal piece. :shrug:

Called Ruger day before thanksgiving. No hassles. Just got the new firing pin in the mail today.

Round count was ~6820

orangeusa
12-01-2010, 5:58 PM
Yup - I had same experience. I've told this story before, but had a 1959 Single Six - they offered to refurb it, install transfer bar safety, test fire it for free... (that was last year!!!) 51 year OLD gun!! Who else on EARTH offers to to do this? I was NOT original owner or anything like that.. They still sent me 2 free manuals..

I also called about a centerfire issue, guy was so helpful and gracious, he had my problem resolved in about 10 minutes....

scootergmc
12-01-2010, 6:32 PM
Yup - I had same experience. I've told this story before, but had a 1959 Single Six - they offered to refurb it, install transfer bar safety, test fire it for free... (that was last year!!!) 51 year OLD gun!! Who else on EARTH offers to to do this? I was NOT original owner or anything like that.. They still sent me 2 free manuals..

That's nothing special. They do that for all the old three screws.

http://www.ruger.com/pdf/safetyOfferAd.pdf