PDA

View Full Version : Youth Stock for Remington 870

drclark
07-05-2006, 5:39 PM
Hi,

I am looking to put a youth sized stock (~12 in LOP) on my girlfriend's remington 870 express, 12 gauge. All I can find online in youth stocks are synthetic; however, she prefers the look of wood (and since its her gun, looks are important). Does anyone know where I might be able to find such a stock?

Alternatively, is my best option to have the wood stock that is currently on her gun cut down for a better fit? Can anyone recomend a good gunsmith in the LA/so-cal area to do the cutting and then mount/fit a new recoil pad?

Thanks,
drc

ivanimal
07-05-2006, 7:18 PM
http://www.hoosiergunworks.com/catalog/buttstocks.html

If these guys cant help I am out of ideas.

jessegpresley
07-06-2006, 12:31 AM
What about a Knoxx SpecOps stock? Adjustable length of pull, and significant recoil reduction to boot?

Mesa Tactical
07-06-2006, 11:29 AM
Alternatively, is my best option to have the wood stock that is currently on her gun cut down for a better fit? Can anyone recomend a good gunsmith in the LA/so-cal area to do the cutting and then mount/fit a new recoil pad?

Fred at Bolsa Gunsmithing in Westminster will do this. He has charged us $85, and installed and ground a Pachmyr Decelerator pad as well.

http://www.bolsagunsmithing.com/

CaCrusin
07-06-2006, 12:05 PM
What about a Knoxx SpecOps stock? Adjustable length of pull, and significant recoil reduction to boot?

+20

(Best idea I've ever heard!)

CaCrusin

drclark
07-06-2006, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the ideas so far.

This is going on HER shotgun, specifically for clays at the range (and maybe hunting if she ever wants to try it). She likes the classic look of traditional wood stocks so the spec-ops stock probably won't work in this case.

I agree, that the spec-ops stock would be a good choice for a home-defense/tactical shotgun that either of us might have to use.

drc

jessegpresley
07-06-2006, 1:39 PM
drc, I'm thinkin' that if you tell her the stock reduces felt recoil by 75% (which the company claims and I don't doubt them) she might warm up to the idea. The stock adjusts from 11.5 to 16 inches. So not only will she get a perfect fit, but she'll probably shoot more because it will be alot less painful for her. Just a thought.