PDA

View Full Version : OLL Help

Mudvayne540ld
07-05-2006, 6:19 PM
So, I put together my OLL today! Everything went perfect (cant say the front detent wasnt a ***** tho)

I need help with 2 things to. The pistol grip screw. I screwed it in as far as I could, but my allen wrench wont go inside the grip :( I dont wanna buy a special wrench for a one time thing, any suggestions?

2. In the Prince 50 mag lock kit, where does the 2nd smaller set scre go? I only have in the large one, with no spring.

/Will post pics of my black rifle when my upper gets in :D

grammaton76
07-05-2006, 6:21 PM
All of the LPK's I've used have involved a simple flat-head screw - pretty much everyone has a long screwdriver somewhere. Is yours some kind of hex head?

If so, you might want to just buy a screw of the appropriate size from Home Depot or whatnot, so that you can use a long flat-head screwdriver on it.

Found what you wanted with a Google cache... looks like a 7/32"x1-1/4 would fit.

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:bFDUlAs6A2MJ:www.weaponforums.com/forums/topic.html%3Fb%3D7%26f%3D26%26t%3D288359%26page%3D 1+%2B%22grip+screw%22+%2Bar-15+%2B%22home+depot%22&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=4&client=firefox-a

Mudvayne540ld
07-05-2006, 6:22 PM
yea, it is a hex head >_<

donger
07-05-2006, 6:24 PM
So, I put together my OLL today! Everything went perfect (cant say the front detent wasnt a ***** tho)

I need help with 2 things to. The pistol grip screw. I screwed it in as far as I could, but my allen wrench wont go inside the grip :( I dont wanna buy a special wrench for a one time thing, any suggestions?

2. In the Prince 50 mag lock kit, where does the 2nd smaller set scre go? I only have in the large one, with no spring.

/Will post pics of my black rifle when my upper gets in :D

1. You're gonna need a longer allen wrench. Dude, it's like $5!

2. The smaller second screw is either: a) Not necessary or b) used to lock the primary screw down with a little bit of loctite.

tenpercentfirearms
07-05-2006, 6:46 PM
From my experience Stag uses the standard blade screwdriver bolt and Rock River uses an Allen bolt. Looks like it is time to invest in a longer Allen wrench set or get an adapter for an existing socket style screw driver.

Mudvayne540ld
07-05-2006, 11:23 PM
Just have one more question.

On the front pivot pin, is there any easy way to take it out? It feels like if I pull it, it will break.
The takedown pin feels that way also, but im not so concerned with that one.

tenpercentfirearms
07-06-2006, 12:08 AM
You basically need to work it back and forth a few times to wear off the pin point. Use a rubber mallet to hit it back and forth a few times and it should get easier, but not too easy.

grammaton76
07-06-2006, 2:22 PM
Just have one more question.

On the front pivot pin, is there any easy way to take it out? It feels like if I pull it, it will break.
The takedown pin feels that way also, but im not so concerned with that one.

You don't pull it, you push it. I use a polymer punch and a hammer to work it back and forth a few times, after which it generally isn't so much of a problem. Remember those little brass detents? They start off pointy... after you've worked the pin back and forth a few times, they round out.

rips31
07-06-2006, 5:36 PM
my prob was the trigger guard pin. nothing a hammer and some cardboard couldn't fix. i knocked the pivot pin out with a hammer after i realized that i needed to put the upper in first. lol.

Hunter
07-06-2006, 5:53 PM

I need help with 2 things to. The pistol grip screw. I screwed it in as far as I could, but my allen wrench wont go inside the grip :( I dont wanna buy a special wrench for a one time thing, any suggestions?.....:D

Swap out the allen head screw for one with a slot or phillips head. That will cost you less than $0.50 at the local hardware store.

xrMike
07-06-2006, 6:19 PM
2. In the Prince 50 mag lock kit, where does the 2nd smaller set scre go? I only have in the large one, with no spring.I think you only need the longer allen screw for the mag lock to function correctly. On mine, when I tighten the longer one down to the point where it is flush with the top of the mag release button, it's perfect, just like that. There's no free travel in the mag lock button at all. You press on the button and it doesn't move. If I back the screw out from there even a little bit, I start to feel movement in the mag lock button when I press it.

It really is a nifty product.

SemiAutoSam
07-06-2006, 6:25 PM
Mike theres always my kit

Its easy to install and very easy to secure with LocTite and epoxy over that that is if you ever really want it to be secure and if you ever want to remove it once you have used the loctite and epoxy just take a drill bit and the torque from the bit will either snap the stud or break the bond of the loctite and your all ready to toss a "standard capacity mag in your Gun.