PDA

View Full Version : Traders Sports in Eastbay Express rag - WARNING: Liberal BS!

shooterx10
07-05-2006, 12:50 PM
It's way too much to copy and paste here, so here is the link:

http://media.newtimes.com/47292.26.jpg

http://www.eastbayexpress.com/Issues/2006-07-05/news/feature.html

Or you can pick it up at the newsstand...

PressCheck
07-05-2006, 1:28 PM
This is PURE CRAP

AxonGap
07-05-2006, 2:40 PM
According to the article, the author states;

"Meet the Poly Tech AKS 7.62 Semi-Automatic Assault Rifle
------
In December of 1988, Sharon and Larry Ellingsen were returning home to Newark after celebrating their 29th wedding anniversary at Trader Vic's in San Francisco. As they exited the Bay Bridge onto Interstate 880, they noted that the car behind them was weaving erratically. It was one of the last conversations they would have."

No wonder the car was weaving erratically, w/ a Poly Tech AKS at the wheel one can only speculate it's further killing potential. The headline should read "A nasty Assault Rifle goes on a lethal joy-ride while the vehicles human owner is nowhere to be found!"

I like how all blame is shifted to inanimate objects rather then the human (or more appropriately, inhuman) thugs who wield them!

dwtt
07-05-2006, 4:10 PM
I like how all blame is shifted to inanimate objects rather then the human (or more appropriately, inhuman) thugs who wield them!
This is standard operating procedure for the liberal left. People aren't responsible for what they do, because they are forced to commit crimes and do bad things by "the system".

Hunter
07-05-2006, 8:10 PM
It's way too much to copy and paste here, so here is the link:

http://media.newtimes.com/47292.26.jpg

http://www.eastbayexpress.com/Issues/2006-07-05/news/feature.html

Or you can pick it up at the newsstand...

This is pure cut and past from the Brady Center's report on Trader's that was posted earlier
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=324810#post324810

m1aowner
07-05-2006, 11:44 PM
Wow cool, where can I get one of those red Glocks?

tenpercentfirearms
07-06-2006, 6:06 AM
I think that is one of those porcelain Glock 7s. They also come in 7 other colors. I get in a shipment next week. Send me an e-mail if you are interested.

tankerman
07-06-2006, 6:23 AM
Flood the skank with letters.

Gromulin
07-06-2006, 8:16 AM
Flood the skank with letters.

No. Thats like pissin in the wind. Obviously, this rag is tilted far left, and no amount of letters-to-the-editor will change that.

Flood their advertisers with letters. Let them know you will specifically avoid their products as long as they buy ads in that rag. Money talks...

xenophobe
07-06-2006, 9:03 AM

You can send it off to CCR Refinishing... we sent off a used Glock 19 and it was transformed into "hot pink" for a guy's V-day gift to his GF.

Did a really good job too...

tygerpaw
07-06-2006, 11:39 AM
Is there any truth to the "One in 8 guns sold by Trader's end up being traced to a crime"?

The Soup Nazi
07-06-2006, 12:14 PM
By guns they mean people who live in a 200 mile radius of Trader's. And by crimes, they mean people who have run out of time on their parking meters.

Shane916
07-06-2006, 1:00 PM
Is there any truth to the "One in 8 guns sold by Trader's end up being traced to a crime"?

Could be true but deceiving as well in respect to one guy can come in and buy 20 long guns and hand them out to his gang members and if they all have/use there weapons in a crime then you can see how the 1 in 8 would work. It could be also a high theft area where weapons are stolen a lot.

tygerpaw
07-06-2006, 2:23 PM
It just seems hard to believe that that many guns being sold legitimately by the system would end up criminals hands.... are there that many guns stolen? And if a lot of people are buying legitimately and then giving or selling to criminals, they ought to be able to trace back to the original purchaser, who I would think would then be in trouble. I'm no gun control loving lib, but I am against the bad guys getting guns and commiting crimes with them.

bootcamp
07-06-2006, 2:36 PM
Screw Traders. I'm happy that one of the sources of gang member weapons has ceased. On every occasion that i've been there, i've witnessed at least one hood ask for ammo for the weapon he has in his pants. When asked what type of gun he had, he said he didn't know and proceeded to reveal it and unload the mag from the gun and show the mag with two bullets left in it.

At least the bangers have one less place to go to now. A lot of the other gun shops i've been to will not cater to hoods and even give them rude attitudes. Let the hoodlums recirculate the guns that are already in the street with multiple bodies on them. I hope they get caught with it. I even heard that most of their robberies were contracted and sanctioned by the owner. Remember the roof entry robbery about 8-10 years ago when a ********load of guns got stolen? Big rumor that the owner was behind that, just to get the guns sold. It don't matter to him.

In my younger days when I was a wannabe gangbanger I used to think Traders was the $hiznit. Like a toy-r-us to me. But now that i've gotten older, it's the exact opposite to me. Especially when I still live in the same town.

SemiAutoSam
07-06-2006, 3:26 PM
Prominently displayed on the sales counter were stacks of a slim volume titled How to Own a Gun and Stay Out of Jail

Maybe they sell a volume on how to buy a OLL and stay out of jail ?

caliar15
07-06-2006, 5:55 PM
It just seems hard to believe that that many guns being sold legitimately by the system would end up criminals hands.... are there that many guns stolen? And if a lot of people are buying legitimately and then giving or selling to criminals, they ought to be able to trace back to the original purchaser, who I would think would then be in trouble. I'm no gun control loving lib, but I am against the bad guys getting guns and commiting crimes with them.
Just look at how many guys post "My guns were stolen" and then talk about how they were just stuck in a closet:mad: , no wonder we are loseing the fight for gun rights:(

tygerpaw
07-06-2006, 7:58 PM
Screw Traders. I'm happy that one of the sources of gang member weapons has ceased. On every occasion that i've been there, i've witnessed at least one hood ask for ammo for the weapon he has in his pants. When asked what type of gun he had, he said he didn't know and proceeded to reveal it and unload the mag from the gun and show the mag with two bullets left in it.

At least the bangers have one less place to go to now. A lot of the other gun shops i've been to will not cater to hoods and even give them rude attitudes. Let the hoodlums recirculate the guns that are already in the street with multiple bodies on them. I hope they get caught with it. I even heard that most of their robberies were contracted and sanctioned by the owner. Remember the roof entry robbery about 8-10 years ago when a ********load of guns got stolen? Big rumor that the owner was behind that, just to get the guns sold. It don't matter to him.

In my younger days when I was a wannabe gangbanger I used to think Traders was the $hiznit. Like a toy-r-us to me. But now that i've gotten older, it's the exact opposite to me. Especially when I still live in the same town.
If all this is true, I say good riddance too. Guys like that are a part of the problem and just hurt our cause. Like the dealer in Washington state who supposedly was the source of the Bushmaster that the DC snipers used. Supposedly he had 1000 + guns go into his shop but no records of them leaving, yet were unaccounted for. He said they were "stolen", he just did not report it? What the heck is that? He should go to jail for that kind of crap. This just gives the anti's ammo to hurt us even more. With rights come responsibility.......;)

dwtt
07-06-2006, 10:27 PM
If all this is true, I say good riddance too. Guys like that are a part of the problem and just hurt our cause. Like the dealer in Washington state who supposedly was the source of the Bushmaster that the DC snipers used. Supposedly he had 1000 + guns go into his shop but no records of them leaving, yet were unaccounted for. He said they were "stolen", he just did not report it? What the heck is that? He should go to jail for that kind of crap. This just gives the anti's ammo to hurt us even more. With rights come responsibility.......;)
This stuff isn't true. The owners of Traders didn't contract out and sanction their own store to be robbed. It's also untrue that 1 out of 8 guns sold at Traders have been linked to a crime. This is just antigun lies designed to confuse people.
Have you guys read the East Bay Express before stumbling across this thread? It's not exactly Pulitzer level journalism. Nevertheless, Traders wasn't as good as it should have been because they sold guns to gangs, but those numbers are not what the EBE article claim.

trinity9
07-06-2006, 11:07 PM
This stuff isn't true. The owners of Traders didn't contract out and sanction their own store to be robbed. It's also untrue that 1 out of 8 guns sold at Traders have been linked to a crime. This is just antigun lies designed to confuse people.
Have you guys read the East Bay Express before stumbling across this thread? It's not exactly Pulitzer level journalism. Nevertheless, Traders wasn't as good as it should have been because they sold guns to gangs, but those numbers are not what the EBE article claim.

The post you reference does seem a bit extreme, but I believe within the firearms retail industry that gripes against this particular retailer seem to have some merit. Research it. The history is interesting.

Trinity9