PDA

View Full Version : Need advise: Carrying while fishing in Delta near mountain house area

bh6300
11-29-2010, 9:39 PM
I recently got into fishing near delta in Bay area.

Something I noticed and seek some advise.

Usually I fish with 1 or more friend but sometime solo.

Fishing usually 5pm to midnight.

I notice there are alot of coyote howling in the area and sometimes I spot them getting close. I don't worry usually as I am with friend or 2 but one time I was solo got me really spooked. I started thinking about carry and need some advise.

Is it legally possible? UOC or LOC? Don't go fishing solo?

Thank you for any input.

tony270
11-30-2010, 6:55 AM
Are you fishing in the City of Tracy or in the County?

If you are fishing in unincorporated areas that normally allow the discharge of firearms and is not regulated shotgun only then LCC is the lick. Don't show your hand. Some cities allow shooting in rural and agricultural zoned areas, etc. Some agencies that administer public land don’t allow shooting even if the land outside of their said property is legal to discharge firearms on.

So you need to check on a case by case basis. To be safe ask that question on open carry dot org (The California Board) or study the information they have posted on the stickies on the top.

Sky_DiveR
11-30-2010, 5:51 PM
Per DFG rules you can carry concealed while fishing (sorry don't know the regs off-hand but section 12027 sounds familiar). Now discharging a firearm within certain counties I'm not so sure about. :shrug:

bh6300
11-30-2010, 6:38 PM
Thank you for info.

Will make some calls to county and research further.