PDA

View Full Version : Mosin Moral Dilema

Ksmash01
11-29-2010, 6:34 PM
Hello all,

As some of you may know, I am an Asst. Mgr. for Big 5 Sporting Goods.

We recently had a sale on M91/30's, during which time our store sold out, and I bought 2. I don't think I'm going to keep them both, simply because I don't think I have room for 2 of them now. I'm sure I can get another along the line, and I'm definitely going to keep one.

The one I'm keeping, is a 1927 Hex Tula Ex-Dragoon.

The one I may return/sell, is a 1935 Hex Tula.

Both are in great shape.

What to do, what to do? :confused: I guess I could make one of the guys that have one on order a very happy person...or maybe even a fellow Calgunner.

I must ponder this, but I'm open to suggestions.

steve91104
11-29-2010, 6:39 PM
So the employees get first dibs, I knew it !

:D

paul0660
11-29-2010, 6:39 PM
Sell it to a calgunner. Why give the state another $25?

Markus
11-29-2010, 7:00 PM
Put in a small hand select upcharge and put it on the forum I'm sure someone will want one. I applied for one of their manager trainee jobs but never got to the second interview.

Milsurps
11-29-2010, 7:02 PM
Hello all,

As some of you may know, I am an Asst. Mgr. for Big 5 Sporting Goods.

We recently had a sale on M91/30's, during which time our store sold out, and I bought 2. I don't think I'm going to keep them both, simply because I don't think I have room for 2 of them now. I'm sure I can get another along the line, and I'm definitely going to keep one.

The one I'm keeping, is a 1927 Hex Tula Ex-Dragoon.

The one I may return/sell, is a 1935 Hex Tula.

Both are in great shape.

What to do, what to do? :confused: I guess I could make one of the guys that have one on order a very happy person...or maybe even a fellow Calgunner.

Not quite sure how to respond. Calguners like sweet stuff. As one, I do. I bought a 1928 Hex Tula Ex-Dragoon ? at the local B5 Black Fri. I can't wait till it's out of jail. As a Calguner I would go with my brothers. Hope this is an answer for you.

Not sure if this helps, but best of luck. :)

Beetle Bailey
11-29-2010, 7:11 PM
Personally, I'd try to keep them both, but if that is just not possible, sell it on Calguns.

Cowboy T
11-29-2010, 7:14 PM
Heck, why *not* sell it on CalGuns?

BTW, at least the first part about your sig (Jesus was black) is correct. :D

Ksmash01
11-30-2010, 8:12 AM
So the employees get first dibs, I knew it !

:D

Hey, If I have to pull them off of a truck at the butt crack of dawn, or Log them in because someone couldn't do it in a timely manner(or just plain forgot/didn't want to), and I decide I'm going to buy it, heck yes I get first dibs......:D :p.

I actually passed on some really nice Izzy hex, and Laminated stocked Tula Hex's....I'm not that picky, nor do I buy a lot of firearms these days, with the kid and rent and all......

Sell it to a calgunner. Why give the state another $25?

Great point in bold.....definitely a moving argument.

Put in a small hand select upcharge and put it on the forum I'm sure someone will want one. I applied for one of their manager trainee jobs but never got to the second interview.

I wouldn't up-charge it, I would sell it for not much more that I purchased it for. I wouldn't even try to sell it for anything near what anyone else had to pay for theirs.

I'm not greedy.

And see my pm. I replied to yours.

Not quite sure how to respond. Calguners like sweet stuff. As one, I do. I bought a 1928 Hex Tula Ex-Dragoon ? at the local B5 Black Fri. I can't wait till it's out of jail. As a Calguner I would go with my brothers. Hope this is an answer for you.

Not sure if this helps, but best of luck. :)

Good pick up. does it have writing like this: http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/0115.jpg

or is it like this: http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/0116.jpg
?
Personally, I'd try to keep them both, but if that is just not possible, sell it on Calguns.

Heck, why *not* sell it on CalGuns?

BTW, at least the first part about your sig (Jesus was black) is correct. :D

So the consensus is A) Screw Ca, particularly the DOJ, and B) Sell it to a Calgunner.

I may just do that. It seems like the right thing to do.

Markus
11-30-2010, 9:14 AM
Ksmash I don't mean drastically upcharge I meant hand select fee which is usually ten to twenty dollars.

Milsurps
11-30-2010, 9:26 AM
Good pick up. does it have writing like this: http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/0115.jpg

Yup like this one. :D:D:D

I have the GF to thank for it! SHE found it and called me to B5. What a Girl ! :D

Ksmash01
11-30-2010, 9:45 AM
Ksmash I don't mean drastically upcharge I meant hand select fee which is usually ten to twenty dollars.

Ahhh, Ok, I was thinking maybe 10 bucks or so.....not more that anyone else payed for theirs for sure.

I'd basically be making my money back.

I have the GF to thank for it! SHE found it and called me to B5. What a Girl ! :D

The one I'm keeping is like that as well.

You must have one heck of a lady. Once you pick up your Russian Bride, be sure and thank your GF every night while you're fondling it in your boxers...:D

rojocorsa
11-30-2010, 9:47 AM

I am reminded of the time I missed out a 1928 Tula Hex because of my own stupidty. (I hate myself for that). :(

TRAP55
11-30-2010, 12:24 PM
or maybe even a fellow Calgunner.

Like asking a bunch of alcoholics, "should I pour out this 100 year old Glenlivet scotch, or should I sell it to you?":D

mosinnagantm9130
11-30-2010, 1:26 PM
I am reminded of the time I missed out a 1928 Tula Hex because of my own stupidty. (I hate myself for that). :(

Before I started collecting mosins, I missed out on a 44 Tula M44 at big 5 for the large sum of $69:(

I didn't know it was one of the more uncommon M44s.:mad:

knucklehead0202
11-30-2010, 5:45 PM
Like asking a bunch of alcoholics, "should I pour out this 100 year old Glenlivet scotch, or should I sell it to you?":D

alcoholics go to meetings. and if somebody had a 100yr old bottle of scotch they damn well better ask me first, lol. while guns are a more long-term rewarding purchase, i still like my scotch. sell it to a calgunner. i must have bought my mosins right between the Hex-frenzy. got a 91/30 and an m44, both matching and both pretty, so i guess i can live with it. anyhow, best regards whatever you decide and nice pick-up either way. oh yeah, it's hard to shoot 2 mosins at once. sell 1 and get an m44 or 38, or look into a finn. variety is good.

Interloper
11-30-2010, 6:24 PM
Do you guys get them in the crates? Hint, hint. ;)

Bigtwin
11-30-2010, 6:39 PM
As far as "ex dragoon"....remember the "ex" part, I don't want to say worthless(nor will I), but it is no longer a Dragoon and the value as such is diminshed!

As I have seen it "ex" anything is only slightly more acceptable than a run of the mill 91/30.

Ksmash01
11-30-2010, 10:40 PM

Another great point...and witty:D

alcoholics go to meetings. and if somebody had a 100yr old bottle of scotch they damn well better ask me first, lol. while guns are a more long-term rewarding purchase, i still like my scotch. sell it to a calgunner. i must have bought my mosins right between the Hex-frenzy. got a 91/30 and an m44, both matching and both pretty, so i guess i can live with it. anyhow, best regards whatever you decide and nice pick-up either way. oh yeah, it's hard to shoot 2 mosins at once. sell 1 and get an m44 or 38, or look into a finn. variety is good.

Yet another reason to sell. I don't plan on shooting 2 mosins, nor do I like sitting on things that will make others happy.

As far as "ex dragoon"....remember the "ex" part, I don't want to say worthless(nor will I), but it is no longer a Dragoon and the value as such is diminshed!

As I have seen it "ex" anything is only slightly more acceptable than a run of the mill 91/30.

Yeah I know, but there's nothing run of the mill about this Mosin, except the fact that is is "Ex" anything. There may be millions like it, but this one is mine, and to me it's all the more special :D:chris:.