PDA

View Full Version : Banned words/names at CalGuns.net

Creeping Incrementalism
07-04-2006, 4:43 PM
It appears "nonono..." has replaced a synonym for donkey, and the names of several employees of the Firearms Division at the DOJ. And it seems a word meaning to move a fluid from one place to another via a pressure difference is not allowed either. Am I correct in this? I only check here from time to time and so can miss a lot.

dhl
07-04-2006, 6:48 PM
I believe the origin of, 'nonono...' is French.

It appears "nonono..." has replaced a synonym for donkey, and the names of several employees of the Firearms Division at the DOJ. And it seems a word meaning to move a fluid from one place to another via a pressure difference is not allowed either. Am I correct in this? I only check here from time to time and so can miss a lot.

Creeping Incrementalism
07-04-2006, 7:05 PM
I believe the origin of, 'nonono...' is French.

Sorry, but I don't get what you are hinting at.

vonsmith
07-04-2006, 8:44 PM
Pardonnez mon franšais. Oui?

=vonsmith=

AZEX
07-18-2006, 1:43 PM
What about the word TONK?

D.
AZEX

JPglee1
07-18-2006, 5:01 PM
What about the word TONK?

D.
AZEX

*edit*..... ..... .....

J

grammaton76
07-18-2006, 7:00 PM
Some folks got out of hand making fun of LEOs and politicians, and attracted unwanted attention for the site.

And, Ramon seems to have a serious dislike for cussing.

Explaination enough for me.

vonsmith
07-18-2006, 9:23 PM
Can we still correct spelling?

=vonsmith=

P.S. - Assumes that the misspelled word isn't a cuss word.

Creeping Incrementalism
07-19-2006, 3:34 PM
Some folks got out of hand making fun of LEOs and politicians, and attracted unwanted attention for the site.

And, Ramon seems to have a serious dislike for cussing.

Explaination enough for me.

Frankly, I'd like to hear more about it. Just how did people get "out of hand", and what sort of attention occured? Having a bulletin board that covers gun politics where you can't even say the names of the politicians or other public figures is pretty crappy and defies much of its purpose. If someone goes overboard, delete that post, but don't set the filtering software to replace every mention of the person's name. Can you imagine what would happen to a liberal BB or web log where you suddenly couldn't say "George Bush?" Or a conservative board during 90s where you couldn't say "Clinton?"