PDA

View Full Version : Yugo M59 SKS Probs

thepunisher
11-28-2010, 9:35 PM
So I took out my M59 Yugo SKS fired about 20 rounds, taking my time to aim.
Then I went crazy and started shooting as fast as I could pull the trigger.
Well needless to say about round 60 or 70, I hear click but no boom. :confused:

I cleared and tried again same result. Got home and took the gun apart,
cleaned and reassembled. I couldn't see anything wrong with any of the parts.

I have a new murray firing pin, tapco gas piston, tapco piston extension.
I was shooting new wolf military classic ammo.

Any ideas what could have caused this? I've searched but couldn't find any answers.

thanks

DSA_FAL
11-28-2010, 11:12 PM
Was it a light strike on the primer? Are you certain that all of the cosmoline is out of the bolt?

Milsurps
11-29-2010, 12:22 AM
I have a new murray firing pin, tapco gas piston, tapco piston extension.
I was shooting new wolf military classic ammo.

thanks

Are you sure you installed the spring for the murray firing pin the right direction? Yes, It is directional. Re-read the instructions. Wolf ammo in my Yugo always causes problems of various kinds in mine. Try different ammo next time.

HTH

thepunisher
11-29-2010, 7:50 PM
Are you sure you installed the spring for the murray firing pin the right direction? Yes, It is directional. Re-read the instructions. Wolf ammo in my Yugo always causes problems of various kinds in mine. Try different ammo next time.

HTH

hmm, I didn't notice that in the instructions. I will check it out.

The gun is clean of cosmo.
I didn't have any strikes on the primers at all.
Maybe this is why the guy was selling it at the gunshow, lol

My luck sometimes.

Gberberian
11-30-2010, 12:22 AM
Damn I hate to hear that Punish :pinch: Good luck with it brother.

stevie
12-01-2010, 5:34 AM
Did your firing pin break?

Interloper
12-01-2010, 6:29 AM
Yeah, looks like you're gonna need to take the bolt apart. Have you looked at your spent cases? Is your bolt cutting primers? You might find a few little pieces of metal in there.

SJgunguy24
12-01-2010, 6:36 AM
Did your firing pin break?

You either broke the firing pin or something got wedged in there and locked it up. At least it wasn't locked up fully exposed, that happened to me at a public range.
That was a definate show stopper, 7 rounds full auto.

thepunisher
12-01-2010, 4:18 PM
The firing pin is fine, seems the spring for the murray firing pin was bent and stuck in
the bolt. I called Ben and ordered a couple more, when they get in its time to hit the range
again.

Will update when I find out if that worked

thepunisher
12-01-2010, 4:20 PM
Yeah, looks like you're gonna need to take the bolt apart. Have you looked at your spent cases? Is your bolt cutting primers? You might find a few little pieces of metal in there.

Cases were fine, and didn't find any metal in the receiver. I hope I don't
have to switch ammo, I have a lot of wolf military classic.

Interloper
12-01-2010, 5:22 PM
Cases were fine, and didn't find any metal in the receiver. I hope I don't
have to switch ammo, I have a lot of wolf military classic.

Huh. Funny the spring did that. So do you think it was in backwards? I had honestly forgotten that there was a front and back. Actually I just looked at my spare spring (my pin came with two) and I really can't tell the difference...but it's right there in the instructions. I guess I did it right the first time since I haven't had a problem. :confused:

Moress
12-01-2010, 5:35 PM
Are you popping primers? I had this problem in my Yugo a couple months back.

Why don't you just use the regular pin that it came with? IMO once you start fiddling with the gun is when problems happen. You might be getting light primer strikes because the spring is acting against the force of the pin.

Interloper
12-01-2010, 5:37 PM
...or the simplest answer of all, a new main spring.

thepunisher
12-01-2010, 5:51 PM
Huh. Funny the spring did that. So do you think it was in backwards? I had honestly forgotten that there was a front and back. Actually I just looked at my spare spring (my pin came with two) and I really can't tell the difference...but it's right there in the instructions. I guess I did it right the first time since I haven't had a problem. :confused:

Its possible after cleaning it I put it in the wrong way, but I have no idea
why it would be bent though.

Just waiting on the new springs now :sleeping: