PDA

View Full Version : Help with iPhone (will reward with free pmags)

MissionMTMan
11-28-2010, 8:42 PM
Okay, I have an iPhone 3G. I upgraded it to iOS 4.1. My problem is I can't get the phone to go into DFU mode to download the greenp0ison jailbreak. If any of you guys are iPhone gurus who can get the phone into DFU mode, download greenp0ison, and download the baseband hack, I will give that person 3 Magpul Pmags. You can choose if you want them as rebuild kits, 10/30's or 10/20's. You can also choose the color.

All I ask is that you have some reputability on this site so I have some peace of mind when I ship you my phone.

Please post on here and send me a PM if you think you are the guy who can help me.

Thanks!
Missionmtman

JDay
11-28-2010, 9:24 PM
Try using RedSn0w.

http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/2010/10/08/jailbreak-iphone-3g-4-1-redsn0w/

2DoorImpala
11-28-2010, 9:41 PM
Are you following the on screen guide?

Before make sure you have the latest Itunes
Make sure you run the program as the Admin

Hold sleep button for 2 seconds
Continue holding the sleep and press the home at the same time for 10 seconds
Release sleep button and continue holding home for 15 seconds

If this doesnt work, put the phone in DFU mode than run Poison as the Admin

Also if its a MC model on the serial it wont work, you would have to use Spirit

Haven t messed with iphones since i switched to android. But sounds like the problems i had before using windows 7.

NiteQwill
11-28-2010, 10:09 PM
Turn off your phone. Open iTunes. Plug in USB cable (not into the phone just yet).

With your phone OFF: Hold the HOME button down while plugging in your USB cable into your phone.

Keep holding until the iTunes shows your phone in restore mode.

Viola.

DFU Mode.

Upload your custom firmware that was created using Pwnage Tool (on windows, hold shift while selecting restore/mac hold option while selecting restore)

bandook
11-28-2010, 10:20 PM
If your phone just hangs before getting into dfu mode, unplug the cable (from the phone side) for a couple of seconds and put it back in.

Also, are you using a PC or a Mac. (PC usually works if Mac fails)

MissionMTMan
11-29-2010, 7:44 AM
I'm too busy to mess with it. I would rather send it to one of you guys to try. I must be technologically illiterate because I have spent over 8 hours trying all of this. The phone was originally activated under AT&T. It worked fine before I upgraded it. I have tried many of your suggestions in the past and am just too fed up with it.

btw I am using a PC. I thought it might be my PC so I tried it on 2 other PC's and I couldn't get it to work on those either.

Yes, I was following the on screen guide. I have tried greenp0ison and Limera1n.

I think I will try Redsn0w tonight. If that doesn't work, I will be sending it to one of you with some free pmags...

MissionMTMan
11-29-2010, 7:50 AM
Try using RedSn0w.

http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/2010/10/08/jailbreak-iphone-3g-4-1-redsn0w/

According to the article, "Itís important to note that if youíve already updated to iOS 4.1 you will not be able to unlock your iPhone."

So it looks like that won't work....

2DoorImpala
11-29-2010, 11:14 AM
Spirit unlocks baseland 5.14.02 - 2.10.04

LHC30
11-29-2010, 11:51 AM
I was reading today that they got a workaround for jailbreaking the new ios 4.2...have to look for the website again...

MissionMTMan
11-29-2010, 12:40 PM
A forum member named Whobob said he could fix it so I am going to send it to him. We'll see what happens....

JDay
11-29-2010, 4:05 PM
According to the article, "Itís important to note that if youíve already updated to iOS 4.1 you will not be able to unlock your iPhone."

So it looks like that won't work....

I'm pretty sure they're talking about a SIM unlock so you can use it with other carriers.

MissionMTMan
12-07-2010, 5:06 PM
Ya, I'm trying to unlock the baseband. I have the 05.14.02 baseband. I sent the iPhone to Whobob who said he would unlock the OS and the baseband. Well, the baseband isn't unlocked. Does anybody have any ideas what I can do? I see the new 4.2 OS is out. Does that mean the Dev Team has released a baseband unlock? Any help is greatly appreciated.

JDay
12-07-2010, 6:31 PM
The 4.2 unlock was out before you sent the phone off.

MissionMTMan
12-07-2010, 7:49 PM
Thanks for sharing that. I just found that out today.haha I don't have very much time to spend on electronics. If I'm not working, I'm either shooting or with the girflriend. So do you have any helpful info for me?

NiteQwill
12-07-2010, 8:05 PM
Read up here. (http://blog.iphone-dev.org/)

MissionMTMan
12-07-2010, 8:13 PM
So what that is saying is download Redsn0w and it will work? I am pretty much retarded when it comes to technology so please bear with me. This will upgrade my OS to 4.2.1 and unlock the baseband? Thanks for all your help.

JDay
12-07-2010, 8:14 PM
So what that is saying is download Redsn0w and it will work? I am pretty much retarded when it comes to technology so please bear with me. This will upgrade my OS to 4.2.1 and unlock the baseband? Thanks for all your help.

I think you upgrade to 4.2.1 through iTunes then run Redsn0w and it will unlock the baseband on the firmware that was downloaded and then it will flash the phone again. Just read the instructions and follow each step exactly.

MissionMTMan
12-07-2010, 8:21 PM
So it won't make me put the phone in DFU mode or anything like Limra1n or Greenpo1son? My iPhone won't go into DFU mode for some reason. I have tried so many times to get it into DFU mode and it wouldn't....

edit* I just read through the whole process and it says I have to get the phone into DFU mode. Well, I guess I can't use that then because my stupid phone won't go into DFU mode...