View Full Version : Safe Help

11-28-2010, 4:34 PM
I have a Winchester Costco safe. Went to open it today and it will not open. Beeps tell me I am entering the right combination, and the light says my battery is good. However, nothing happens. What are my options?. I contacted Winchester, but no response as of yet. Anyone have any ideas short of calling that weird guy in Escondido to blow it up, oh wait he is in jail already,:D haha.

11-28-2010, 6:04 PM
Maybe change the battery just in case?

11-28-2010, 6:32 PM
Make sure your door is full throw closed. any pressure from the mechanism on the lockbox will not allow the servo motor to retract the bolt in the lockbox.

11-29-2010, 12:55 AM
I made sure the throw was closed, even wiggled it several times in case it was stuck, no luck. I then changed the battery, no go. This goes to show why I tried to get a safe that didn't have an Electronic Lock, but they were getting a bit hard to find or super pricey. Any other thoughts before I call by buddy at the fire department and we break out the K12? :)

11-29-2010, 6:33 AM
Give Curtis or Ryan at the Safe Outlet in Temecula a call. They are members here (SafeOutlet). They may have some ideas and/ or can come out to help you get it open.