PDA

View Full Version : Opinion thread......when do you think Mosin supply will be gone?

cruddymutt
11-27-2010, 10:04 AM
Im talking the supply of Mosin Nagant M91/30. How much longer do YOU think we will be able to grab these at less than $100. The supply will dry up eventually.
Ive only been in the C&R scene for a little over a year and wonder if I should be grabbing more 91/30s.

Dr.Mauser
11-27-2010, 10:29 AM
I've been reading alot about by mid to the end of 2012...with the end of Mosins comes TEOTWAWKI lol...how convenient, I always knew the Russians would have something to do with it! :43:

CEDaytonaRydr
11-27-2010, 10:59 AM
Im talking the supply of Mosin Nagant M91/30. How much longer do YOU think we will be able to grab these at less than $100. The supply will dry up eventually.

Probably not in our lifetime... They made Mosins for over 50 years and there are millions, upon millions of them. We should be safe for a while... ;)

John Browning
11-27-2010, 11:51 AM
There are something like 17,000,000 I believe. This supply should last for a few decades.

cruddymutt
11-27-2010, 11:55 AM
I ask because I have seen a couple post made in various threads about 2-3 years. I have 6 now and really dont want any more 91/30s. Would rather spend my cash on other rifles BUT if the supply is getting down then maybe picking up a few more for future trades wouldnt be a bad idea.

Interloper
11-27-2010, 12:07 PM
I'm thinking less than ten years.
No one thought the M44's would ever dry up either.
Yes, they made millions of them but that stopped a long time ago. What percentage of those weapons actually remain? Maybe 10 or 20 percent? They were used hard and then distributed to poorer countries...some of which don't exist anymore.

MongooseV8
11-27-2010, 3:19 PM
I aggree with Interloper. I think we will be able to buy them (Democrats willing) for the next 80 years, but the price will be climbing sometime soon. I dont ever see them at a price of 1k worth of todays dollar bills, but I bet they get up to 300-500ish eventually.

saigarocks
11-27-2010, 3:38 PM
yeah, i think they'll be around forever - the thing abt planned economies, they don't need to make a profit so they churn them out - and the soviets had a huge army - they lost 20 million people fighting the nazis - and also after the war they gave away or sold cheaply to their friends (eastern bloc, vietnam, china, african liberation struggles, etc.) - and its kinda like the tooling was already paid for so the only cost was materials and labor so why not churn them out -

cruddymutt
11-27-2010, 3:54 PM
I think as long as they are selling them by the crate at dealers then no worries.

YZINGERR
11-28-2010, 4:25 PM
It will be like my SKSs. I bought the first russian one 15 years ago for under $100, my romanian for $120, and now yugos are going upwards of $400+!!!
One day Mosins may hit $300!
You see "junk" guns like Davis pistols going for $150 when they were less than $100 new!
Who knows!?!?

mosinnagantm9130
11-28-2010, 7:41 PM
I think the supply of refurb 91/30's should hold up for a few more years at least.

Then we just need to convince the Russians to lower the price of their captured G43's!:D

Interloper
11-28-2010, 7:54 PM
I think the supply of refurb 91/30's should hold up for a few more years at least.

Then we just need to convince the Russians to lower the price of their captured G43's!:D

Ain't happening. Not unless we can get the ban on Russian semi-autos lifted. I was hoping something to that effect could be added to that bill regarding Korean weapons.

mosinnagantm9130
11-28-2010, 8:06 PM
Ain't happening. Not unless we can get the ban on Russian semi-autos lifted. I was hoping something to that effect could be added to that bill regarding Korean weapons.

I remember a thread about the ban a while back, I could swear RC G41's and G43's were exempted, but maybe I'm wrong.

And this post from Dennis Kroh:

They still have them, and are stll asking 800 Euros apiece in lots of 2,000 pieces (as of this Spring at least). :(

While 1,600,000 Euros (currently US$2,250,351.62) per 2000-piece lot is FAR too much for us to pay (actually getting them here will cost on the end double that and take 6-8 months) the ex-Soviets have been selling a few of those lots over the years.

Blaze Kenobi
11-30-2010, 2:40 PM
Are you guys talking about the rifles that are being sold at Big 5? I am knew to this site and just want to start my collections of firearms. Can you go hunting with those and if so what kind of game can you take out with it?

SideWinder11
11-30-2010, 2:45 PM
Are you guys talking about the rifles that are being sold at Big 5? I am knew to this site and just want to start my collections of firearms. Can you go hunting with those and if so what kind of game can you take out with it?

mostly zombies....

MongooseV8
11-30-2010, 4:28 PM
It depends on if you are in the Condor hunting areas, if you are you have to use ammo with no lead in it. You can use a Mosin Nagant to hunt any game that you can find in CA, except those that fly of course. It will come down to range and how well you can shoot with it, just like most any other rifle.

Interloper
11-30-2010, 5:44 PM

There are better cartridges out there for elephant. Otherwise, pretty much any animal sensitive to having huge bloody, bone shard filled holes knocked out of it's body.

Datamancer
11-30-2010, 10:33 PM
There are better cartridges out there for elephant. Otherwise, pretty much any animal sensitive to having huge bloody, bone shard filled holes knocked out of it's body.

Hahaha!