PDA

View Full Version : Liquidating C&R Collection, any issues?

Robidouxs
11-26-2010, 5:25 PM
It pains me to do this and I don't want to do this but I have to sell my C&R collection. I love C&R's but it is going to have to go on hold for a while.

Are there going to be any issues when I go to renew my C&R license in the future and it shows that I sold all four of my C&R rifles in my possession? I intend to get back into C&R's before my license is up for renewal.

CSACANNONEER
11-26-2010, 5:30 PM
Why would there be any issues?

eighteenninetytwo
11-26-2010, 5:35 PM
No issues but unless you can possibly avoid it don't sell em. Financially they are going up in value. I've been there and regretted getting money for rifles and then having to pay more to get other examples of the same down the line.

nick
11-26-2010, 5:35 PM
I don't see what could be an issue here.

taloft
11-26-2010, 5:39 PM
Unless the BATFE audits your bound book they won't even know you sold them. Liquidating a collection in this economy shouldn't be surprising to a field agent. Just tell them the truth and make sure you log the dispositions properly in your bound book. Four rifles won't make them blink.

Hopefully, things will turn around and you'll be back collecting soon.

savasyn
11-26-2010, 6:10 PM
Unless the BATFE audits your bound book they won't even know you sold them.

The renewal form asks how many you've purchased and how many you've sold, so unless you leave that area blank(not sure that'd be a good idea), they'll know.

nick
11-26-2010, 6:26 PM
The renewal form asks how many you've purchased and how many you've sold, so unless you leave that area blank(not sure that'd be a good idea), they'll know.

So let the license lapse for a month or so and get a new one.

Divernhunter
11-26-2010, 6:44 PM
So the millon dollar question??? What do you have to sell and what do you want for them? Since I asked first I get first call.

timdps
11-26-2010, 8:13 PM
You are only selling four? LOL ! Its not going to be a problem.

tim

dangerranger
11-27-2010, 11:06 PM
In 07 my wife and I were hit head on by a drunk driver. it was a little over a year before I could return to work. in that year I sold 159 guns, mostly C&R. these were bought long before I had a C&R. about half were concigned through two gun shops, the rest were sold localy or at gunshows. when I called them ATF didnt even blink. DR

rojocorsa
11-27-2010, 11:36 PM
In 07 my wife and I were hit head on by a drunk driver. it was a little over a year before I could return to work. in that year I sold 159 guns, mostly C&R. these were bought long before I had a C&R. about half were concigned through two gun shops, the rest were sold localy or at gunshows. when I called them ATF didnt even blink. DR

I'm sorry to hear that, mate.

johnthomas
11-27-2010, 11:43 PM

Are you and wife ok now? Did you start to rebuild your collection or keeping it small? Did the DD have insurance or assets that helped at all?

dangerranger
11-29-2010, 12:01 AM
the drunk got off scott free. the people who owned the truck he was driving said he stole it and werent responsible.their uninsured mororist policy paid about half what we were out. but the wife and I are both vertical, the wife is walking, and Ive started shooting again. So I wont complain too much. the point was our friend shouldnt worry too much about selling a few guns. its all part of collecting. most of those guns I haddent shot in years, so I wont miss them much but a few Ill be replacing. DR

SVT_Fox
11-29-2010, 6:10 AM
No issues

knucklehead0202
11-30-2010, 5:57 PM
no problem, as long as you sell them to us :stuart:

novalondon
11-30-2010, 10:40 PM
give us the makes and models with a price.
I collect Mosins and never plan to sell them. New England Westinghouse and Remington's are my favorites.
I am a 07FFL holder and many here hold various licenses. Ya might find a buyer who will buy them and if you ever want them back you can maybe buy them back to get your collection started once more...