PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want SAIGA FCGs? Found a few on Gunsnet, brokering deal :)

JPglee1
07-02-2006, 2:13 PM
Hey guys, I found a couple SAIGA FCGs on Gunsnet...

There are some from S-12s, S-308s and S-762x39s...

The .308 ones don't require any additional holes in your receiver and look like this:

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/9248/img33468ul.jpg
.308 FCG parts

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/images/Saiga223_disassembly17.jpg
.762x39 and 12ga FCG parts.

Im not trying to make any money at this, but Im hoping to help these members sell their FCGs, and help some Calguns peeps build some kewl SAIGA rifles :)

If you might be interested, send me a PM and I'll put you in contact with someone at Gunsnet.net that has the parts... :D

JP

grammaton76
07-02-2006, 11:02 PM
1. Are these domestic or foreign made parts?
2. Any price tags?

If they're domestic made, I might be interested...

JPglee1
07-03-2006, 6:32 AM
1. Are these domestic or foreign made parts?
2. Any price tags?

If they're domestic made, I might be interested...

They're OEM take off parts from EAA SAIGAs.

Pricing is running around $25 a set, but its all dependent on the seller.

If you're interested send me a PM, Im doing it all first come first served, just connecting buyers/sellers, not handling any $$$ or transactions myself.

IM NOT MAKING ANY MONEY OFF THIS< IM TRYING TO HELP CALGUNS MEMBERS BUILD SAIGAS!!!

Be patient, as I find the FCGs I will pass on the contact information.

JP

Harbinger
07-03-2006, 7:33 AM
So you're saying that the .308 FCGs can be used on 7.62x39 builds without the necessity of new holes?

Mike

JPglee1
07-03-2006, 8:20 AM
So you're saying that the .308 FCGs can be used on 7.62x39 builds without the necessity of new holes?

Mike

Yes... Alternatively a 762x39 trigger could be TIG welded with a tail on it to match the profile of the .308 parts.

You guys should all go join www.saiga-12.com and start doing WTB: Saiga FCG posts. There's a LOT of them out there collecting dust and most people think they are worthless.

I scored a set for $5 yesterday (sorry MINE!)

JP

Harbinger
07-03-2006, 9:14 AM
I'm all for getting used parts, but for those who want new it sounds like (from this (http://akfiles.com/forums/printthread.php?t=4182) post) that you can get new .308 FCGs, with Saiga modifications, from Redstararms. They're not on their website, so you may need to call.

Mike

Yes... Alternatively a 762x39 trigger could be TIG welded with a tail on it to match the profile of the .308 parts.

You guys should all go join www.saiga-12.com and start doing WTB: Saiga FCG posts. There's a LOT of them out there collecting dust and most people think they are worthless.

I scored a set for $5 yesterday (sorry MINE!)

JP

JPglee1
07-03-2006, 9:19 AM
As an FYI, those parts they are talking about I BELIEVE are modified 762x39 AK parts for use in Pistol Grip converted .308s... I.E. Not OEM replacements...

I figure this because no one needs to put USA made FCGs into a .308 unless they swap the PG as well, which would mean a different FCG.

Its worth an Email/Phone call for sure tho!

J

Harbinger
07-03-2006, 9:47 AM
Cool beans. Keep me posted on further deals. I'm working with a guy right now who's searching through is attic for Saiga parts, but I may have a few buddies that are in need.

Mike

JPglee1
07-03-2006, 9:49 AM
Yep, will do...

You guys should all join AK-files, Gunsnet, Saiga-12, and Gunco (well and WarRifles...sorry had to say it ;) ) and search out all these SAIGA parts before people catch wind what we're doing and start marking them up.

J