View Full Version : blue ray with wifi

11-26-2010, 12:22 PM
I just got mine today from walmart !!!
IT rocks, but be careful some said internet ready, but only a few said built in wifi.

I got a Sony BDP-S570
it was $177. with tax

11-26-2010, 1:36 PM
Nice. That Sony is supposedly a great player. I bought the Panasonic BD85K and love it. The wifi actually works real well. My player is upstairs and my wireless router is downstairs and has no issues with signal strength. I love having Pandora available without having to use my Blackberry as the connection.

11-26-2010, 2:10 PM
I have that one and love it. But I might buy the Vizio one for my other TV. I hear the Vizio has better netflix funtionality like being able to actually browse and update your queue through the player. One thing cool about the Sony is I can use my iPhone as a remote!

11-28-2010, 11:13 AM
The 570 players have WiFi built into them. The cheaper 370 players (that were sold for $99 on Black Friday) are WiFi-ready, so you still need to buy an adapter for around $70-$80. So it's cheaper to buy the 570 for around $150-$160.

I personally have no use for the WiFi so I picked up the 370 for my media room, and I'm happy with that. Any firmware updates needed, I just plug a cable into the LAN port on the player and I'm set.