PDA

View Full Version : CCW question

Fjold
06-30-2006, 8:42 PM
During a search about CCW "reasons" I came across a statement that I have a question about.
The statement was: You can have multiple guns listed on your permit but they all must be registered to you

Does that mean that guns that I legally bought when I was a resident of another state that did not go through a FFL cannot be listed on my CCW permit?

What is the process for registering such a gun if I felt that it was one I wanted on my permit?

This is quite a dilemna for me and may mean that I have to buy a couple of guns to keep my other guns off of anyone's list.

Diabolus
06-30-2006, 8:47 PM
During a search about CCW "reasons" I came across a statement that I have a question about.
The statement was: You can have multiple guns listed on your permit but they all must be registered to you

Does that mean that guns that I legally bought when I was a resident of another state that did not go through a FFL cannot be listed on my CCW permit?

What is the process for registering such a gun if I felt that it was one I wanted on my permit?

This is quite a dilemna for me and may mean that I have to buy a couple of guns to keep my other guns off of anyone's list.

Oh noes! Another reason to purchase a gun!

socalguns
07-01-2006, 2:55 AM
Do you mean the guns you should have registered within 60 days of moving to california? (http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/ab991.htm)

Fjold
07-01-2006, 7:20 AM
I moved back to California in the 80's, before that law was in effect.