PDA

View Full Version : Varmint hunting in bay area

BPA
06-30-2006, 6:55 PM
Is there any place in the bay area to go varmint hunting, (i.e. squirrels and such). Doesn't matter if its public or private land, just as long as its legal. I don't feel like driving way north :) thanks guys

tankerman
07-01-2006, 10:08 PM
Cattle ranchers hate ground squirrels, Break animals and humans legs(stepping in holes). Find a rancher ask if you can shoot, offer to help out around the place, pick up dead squirrels when done, be polite and someday he may let you hunt hog or deer. Many ranchers have deals with guides so you have to be flexible when you go, usually they don't want the guides to know someone has been hunting the property.

xenophobe
07-02-2006, 3:06 AM
Yes, you need to personally find someone who will let you shoot on your property... either through a friend or aquaintence...

Joining one of those hunting groups may prove useful...

BPA
07-05-2006, 12:00 AM
Yes, you need to personally find someone who will let you shoot on your property... either through a friend or aquaintence...

Joining one of those hunting groups may prove useful...

What hunting groups are you referring to? I don't know anyone who has a large property so i guess that option is out...

daskraut
07-05-2006, 6:51 AM
can't you just got to the haight and look for tye-dye?......oh, what about the Berkely campus?:p , it worked once!!!!!...ah, nevermind, one of the little "softies" might complain.:cool:

BPA
07-13-2006, 9:29 PM
ok...:rolleyes:

Robf
07-17-2006, 11:15 PM
I thought you could go varmint hunting during regular hunting season? Since varmints are not controlled you can take as many as you want. Again, this is what I read but could be wrong.

My friend has an uncle with a few hundred acres in Sunol that we are trying to make a varmint trip soon. The squirrles just makes holes everywhere and eat the horse food.

Rob

Clodbuster
07-18-2006, 12:40 PM
Well, if you need an extra hand in taking care of those critters, PM me :D

Clod

I thought you could go varmint hunting during regular hunting season? Since varmints are not controlled you can take as many as you want. Again, this is what I read but could be wrong.

My friend has an uncle with a few hundred acres in Sunol that we are trying to make a varmint trip soon. The squirrles just makes holes everywhere and eat the horse food.

Rob

Turbinator
07-18-2006, 12:42 PM
I'd be interested as well.. .22lr would be a lot of fun although I hear it doesn't put down the squirrels as well as .223.

Turby

sned45
07-21-2006, 10:55 AM
I too would be interested in going as well. .204 does wonders to the little guys.

50 Freak
07-21-2006, 2:40 PM
Count me in too....50bmg will do wonders for those little critters....

Did I mention I like to make sure something's dead when I shoot it.....(can you say overkill???):D :D

BPA
07-26-2006, 9:49 PM
were is sunol?

Robf
07-26-2006, 10:21 PM
were is sunol?

It's near 680 between Pleasanton and Fremont.

Since it's not my land I have no say in the matter. If it does come up I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks,
rob

easy
07-28-2006, 8:20 AM
were is sunol?

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps.py?&addr=&csz=Sunol,CA