PDA

View Full Version : Saiga style AK

WokMaster1
06-30-2006, 2:58 PM
A lot of people here are building their own AK from off list receivers & Romy kits or such. Quite a few of you guys are building it a la Saiga (with no pistol grip & moving the trigger group/fire control back closer to the stock end.)

I would really appreciate it if anyone building theirs Saiga style would share some pictures & tips on how to move the trigger system back. If you don't want to post it on the forum, could you PM me for my email addy?

Thank you.:)

(Sorry, this is in the wrong place. Reposted in the riflemans forum.)

Harbinger
06-30-2006, 3:26 PM
I say, let's keep it on the board and not just in your inbox. :D

I think there are many people (like myself) who are interested.

On a related note, I've started hanging out here: http://forum.saiga-12.com

Mike

grammaton76
07-01-2006, 10:41 AM
I think most of us are doing it like me - skipping the whole "move the trigger group back" step, and just adjusting our grips to compensate. If you have big hands, no problem.

JPglee1
07-01-2006, 11:07 AM
A lot of people here are building their own AK from off list receivers & Romy kits or such. Quite a few of you guys are building it a la Saiga (with no pistol grip & moving the trigger group/fire control back closer to the stock end.)

I would really appreciate it if anyone building theirs Saiga style would share some pictures & tips on how to move the trigger system back. If you don't want to post it on the forum, could you PM me for my email addy?

Thank you.:)

(Sorry, this is in the wrong place. Reposted in the riflemans forum.)

All it takes is a couple extra holes drilled in the receiver...

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/images/Saiga223_disassembly16.jpg
See the holes back inside the trigger guard (closer to the rear trunnion under trigger guard) those are for the trigger parts.

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/images/Saiga223_disassembly17.jpg
Theres the trigger parts themselves...

J

ohsmily
07-01-2006, 11:39 AM
I think most of us are doing it like me - skipping the whole "move the trigger group back" step, and just adjusting our grips to compensate. If you have big hands, no problem.

I am moving the trigger back on two of my AK receivers. I will document the process and take pictures as I go and also list where I am getting the Saiga trigger parts.

grammaton76
07-01-2006, 12:18 PM
I am moving the trigger back on two of my AK receivers. I will document the process and take pictures as I go and also list where I am getting the Saiga trigger parts.

Interesting. Interested in sticking it onto Gunwiki as an article, so that it doesn't turn into one of those posts that keeps having to be bumped? (Or yet another sticky)?

Chaingun
07-01-2006, 4:04 PM
Where do we get the Saiga parts kits?

Charliegone
07-01-2006, 4:22 PM
Where do we get the Saiga parts kits?

There are no saiga "parts kits" but there are trigger components some people have sold OR you could buy them from EAA I think. Check their website.