PDA

View Full Version : need to see any DOJ FAL or fixed mag letters...

bwiese
06-30-2006, 2:11 PM
Hi...

I need a link to DOJ letters, or the letters themselves, about any FAL or other nonAR/nonAK in fixed mag configuration, and or any other fixed-mag gun that's not Vulcan or FAB10.

In particular if you have one for DSA or Entreprise that'd be great.

Also, if anyone can tell me how the DSA & Entreprise mags are fixed that'd be great. (One's screwed, ain't it?

Please PM me w/link or email me at the address on the FAQ...

[I'd appreciate it if this thread didn't get a bunch of "me too" replies so content stays uncluttered.]

thmpr
06-30-2006, 2:47 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=36509

blacklisted
06-30-2006, 3:38 PM
I had a few saved, but I'll have to look for them later. For now, here is an interesting one that uses the language "readily detachable". It basically says "if a magazine is not readily detachable, it's OK". Sounds like what we've been saying all along. It seems that they always had their own opinion of whether or not something was "readily detachable" regardless of the definition of detachable magazine in the CCR.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/ebolamonkey/am2.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/ebolamonkey/am1.jpg

donger
06-30-2006, 3:47 PM
I think that these types of discussions should take place via PM or email. Why give the DOJ any sort of advantage in the fight?

Thank you.

rorschach
06-30-2006, 3:50 PM
Also, if anyone can tell me how the DSA & Entreprise mags are fixed that'd be great.

Entreprise used to be bolted in, but last time I was there, about a month ago, the salesman said they began tackwelding them in.

bwiese
06-30-2006, 3:51 PM
I think that these types of discussions should take place via PM or email. Why give the DOJ any sort of advantage in the fight?

Thank you.

This is already known/documented stuff and just one element of commentary

DRH
06-30-2006, 3:52 PM
"Readily detachable" is miles and miles away from "permanent" welding. I think someone has shot themselves in the foot.:D

blacklisted
06-30-2006, 4:02 PM
Entreprise used to be bolted in, but last time I was there, about a month ago, the salesman said they began tackwelding them in.

What we need is a letter of approval from the DoJ regarding the bolted one.

donger
06-30-2006, 4:47 PM
This is already known/documented stuff and just one element of commentary

I know Bill, but why make anything easier for them? Ya know?

blacklisted
06-30-2006, 5:25 PM
I know Bill, but why make anything easier for them? Ya know?

Well, they DID write the very letters that we are posting. I don't see how that's a problem.

donger
06-30-2006, 6:00 PM
Well, they DID write the very letters that we are posting. I don't see how that's a problem.

Just that we shouldn't really broadcast anything of value to the opposition. Similarly, the DOJ doesn't let anyone here sit in on their meetings. I think broadcasting even a morsel of info is advantageous to THEM.

Just saying.

Maybe it's time to go back to the ahem*cough*.

blacklisted
06-30-2006, 7:30 PM
Just that we shouldn't really broadcast anything of value to the opposition. Similarly, the DOJ doesn't let anyone here sit in on their meetings. I think broadcasting even a morsel of info is advantageous to THEM.

Just saying.

Maybe it's time to go back to the ahem*cough*.

Yeah, it might be a good idea to go to the *cough*!

xenophobe
06-30-2006, 8:46 PM
I don't see anything of value to DOJ in this thread... *shrug*

The other threads dealing with the proposed regulation changes have much more info than this one?

podobo
06-30-2006, 10:50 PM
Bill, I have a letter that came with my CALDSA58C and if you still need one I'll have time to scan it on Sun. My DSA does indeed have a weld on the ejector block to prevent the mag release from moving.

bwiese
07-01-2006, 2:34 AM
Bill, I have a letter that came with my CALDSA58C and if you still need one I'll have time to scan it on Sun. My DSA does indeed have a weld on the ejector block to prevent the mag release from moving.

Thanks I'd love to see it.

podobo
07-01-2006, 8:00 AM
Bill, E-mail sent with link.

floorance
07-01-2006, 6:16 PM
can you PM me a link too? thanks in advance