PDA

View Full Version : Different idea about previously posted grip idea.

xLusi0n
06-30-2006, 9:03 AM
The previous thread was closed for obvious reasons, but I wanted to discuss it from a different (legal) perspective.

Just ran across this pistol grip which is able to be folded back keeping the web of the thumb above the trigger assuming you can get your hand up there at all.

http://www.zahal.org/FAB/AGF43s.htm

It is $50, but seems like a pretty slick solution.

First of all, yes that is illegal in it's normal form...

Here's what I'm thinking...just looking at the pix...it appears as if the grip can be removed from the web part of the product (looks like a screw holding it in)...perhaps we can use the web part of that to hold the selector switch spring in for a gripless build (keeping in mind the other SB23 features as to not build an AW ... i.e. no flash hider etc...) THEN if going to a free state, add the grip back on.

Anyone?

xLusi0n
06-30-2006, 9:38 AM
Cause I can afford to spend 50 bucks to not have a cut down pistol grip (which IMO is uglier than this web thing - which of course is subjective)?

I don't mean to sound like an *******, but the question was kind of pointless...everyone knows you can cut down a pistol grip...I'm offering alternatives, not forcing or mandating anyone to chose this option over another.

bwiese
06-30-2006, 10:16 AM
Just use an SRB or go to Brownell's (Midway?) and get that thingy that repositions an AR grip. This latter device itself serves as an equivalent SRB, and doesn't look homebuilt.

Or, just use the MonsterMan grip.

Don't have something that when open triggers a felony.

PIRATE14
06-30-2006, 10:46 AM
My intention was to sound like an ******* and question why anyone would need a pointless accessory like a folding pistol grip.

You know reason has got nothing to do with gun accessories:D

anotherone
06-30-2006, 1:03 PM
Could just be me but when the grip is folded it looks like it could be considered a "Thumbhole Stock" because the thumb can hold the folded grip in a manner that penetrates through the stock. Hence folded or not it's unlawful.

newtothis
06-30-2006, 7:36 PM
Just use an SRB or go to Brownell's (Midway?) and get that thingy that repositions an AR grip. This latter device itself serves as an equivalent SRB, and doesn't look homebuilt.

Or, just use the MonsterMan grip.

Don't have something that when open triggers a felony.

Did a search - can't find thingy.;) No, really - anyone know what Bill is talking about? And, forgive me, what's an SRB?

TonyM
06-30-2006, 7:46 PM
Did a search - can't find thingy.;) No, really - anyone know what Bill is talking about? And, forgive me, what's an SRB?

Hmmm.

I searched for "Brownells Grip" and this came up:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=30661&highlight=brownells+grip

ohsmily
06-30-2006, 7:48 PM

SRB = spring retaining bracket. Screws in place of the pistol grip to hold the detent spring in but without the offending pistol grip.

newtothis
06-30-2006, 7:53 PM
SRB = spring retaining bracket. Screws in place of the pistol grip to hold the detent spring in but without the offending pistol grip.

Thanks Ohsmily. You've been helpful to me more than once - much appreciated.

newtothis
06-30-2006, 8:26 PM
Hmmm.

I searched for "Brownells Grip" and this came up:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=30661&highlight=brownells+grip

I have not mastered the art of the search. Thanks

five.five-six
06-30-2006, 8:46 PM
Thanks Ohsmily. You've been helpful to me more than once - much appreciated.

he is a helpful guy! I am thinking about hireing him to help my kid with his spelling homework as i can not spell

grammaton76
07-01-2006, 11:51 AM

Spring Retaining Bracket. It's this nifty aluminum gadget that Bu-Bye came up with, that holds the safety detent in place but does not provide a grip. It, in conjunction with a fixed stock, no flash hider, and no forward pistol grip, allows you to run detachable mags in your AR. If you're lucky and have USGI mags, it's the legal way to be able to mag-dump 30rds at a shot. :)