View Full Version : Whats a good Gun Safe Liberty ,browning,American Security Safes

11-20-2010, 6:38 PM
Whats a good Gun Safe Liberty ,browning,American Security. I own a few large American Security safes. I have just about out grown them. I plan on moving here in a few months to a larger place. It time for the mother ship to come home. I'm looking to spend 3-4k on a nice large safe. What would be the best way to go for a large safe like this. I'm not a safe expert but want something large in charge. What is a good brand when ever I go to the gun show the safe vender have noting good to say about brands being sold there.

11-20-2010, 6:50 PM
I just got a Liberty Fatboy (http://www.libertysafe.com/safe_fatboy.php).

See thread here. (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=365043)

It's got a 60 min fire rating, and quite a bit of room. It was on sale and my delivered/installed price was very good.

I've been looking for a while at a bunch of different safes. I dismissed all the Chinese stuff right away. I looked pretty hard at Sturdy safe, and since they build 'em in Fresno I went and had a look at the shop. Nice safe but spendy by the time you add the fire proofing. I'm very happy with my Liberty Safe purchase.

11-20-2010, 7:00 PM
All of the ones you listed are considered by most to be good brands.

You could add Sturdy to that list.

And of course there's always Graffunder. :)

11-20-2010, 8:21 PM
i would like to have an older Fort Knox safe.

11-20-2010, 9:29 PM
amsec bf7250 all the way. You will be happy!

11-21-2010, 8:50 AM
Cannon ?

11-21-2010, 8:52 AM

Why an older one?

11-21-2010, 9:29 AM

Why an older one?

i am sure the newer Fort Knox line of safes is great; probably more "advanced" as well.

i have never found a safe that i actually had an emotional reaction to like the older Fort Knox gun safe. the proof is in the puddin. i had a few friends that owned them and every detail, nook and cranny of those safes....

i always wanted to get one and never did.