PDA

View Full Version : OLL Arrest Stories?

Toolbox X
06-28-2006, 3:35 PM
Has anyone seen or heard of any OLL arrests or conflicts with the law?

The DOJ keeps spaming how illegal this and that are, screaming everything is a felony, etc, etc.

But have you actually seen or heard of anyone being arrested for something OLL related, legal or illegal? I haven't. Have you?

tenpercentfirearms
06-28-2006, 3:40 PM
Nothing confirmed. The DOJ said it best when in essense they said, "The 58 DAs don't have to listen to anything we say." Well neither do we then.

Gunsrruss
06-28-2006, 6:04 PM
Nothing confirmed. The DOJ said it best when in essense they said, "The 58 DAs don't have to listen to anything we say." Well neither do we then.

I had one of mine out the other day sighting in my Aimpoint at 100 yds. Of course I don't do this often, and I don't have a sign on my back that says "look here I've got an Off list Lower". They will list some day. Hey, just the other day a guy came by my house on a scooter yelling two weeks. Not to sure what that was all about.

sac7000
06-28-2006, 9:29 PM
So how much time do we have before registration ends again?

hoffmang
06-28-2006, 9:32 PM
Two weeks :rolleyes:

tpliquid1
06-28-2006, 10:32 PM
i went to gun shop to get reg papers. and they gave me one from 1999:confused: :confused:

blkA4alb
06-28-2006, 10:45 PM
So how much time do we have before registration ends again?
There is no registartion going on right now. What are you thinking? :confused:

blkA4alb
06-28-2006, 10:46 PM
i went to gun shop to get reg papers. and they gave me one from 1999:confused: :confused:
Thats because there is no registration. You have nothing to register. What is going on here? :confused: AHHH!!:mad:

DevLcL
06-29-2006, 12:21 PM
I was approached by two sheriffs while having my self loading cali legal rifle in hand. I'm still here and I still have my rifle!

-Dev

Toolbox X
06-29-2006, 12:41 PM
DevLcL, what did they say when they approached you?

vonsmith
06-29-2006, 1:52 PM
"Is that an illegal rifle in your hands or are you just happy to see us?"

"We can do this the easy way, or we can do this the hard way."

"Draw!"

"Ignatiüs said to say, 'Hi'."

=vonsmith=

sac7000
06-29-2006, 4:02 PM
I was approached by two sheriffs while having my self loading cali legal rifle in hand. I'm still here and I still have my rifle!

-Dev

I was at the range a few months ago with two local leo's who confiscated (as a joke) my rifle just long enough to put a few dozen rounds downrange. After they were done shooting , they returned it to me and said it shot better then their department issued AR's. :)

sac7000
06-29-2006, 4:04 PM
Two weeks :rolleyes:

Was that "two weeks" starting last week or "two weeks" starting this week? ;)

sac7000
06-29-2006, 4:11 PM
There is no registartion going on right now. What are you thinking? :confused:

If you think it, it will happen.

ohm....ohm.....ohm.......

rorschach
06-29-2006, 4:11 PM
I was at the range a few months ago with two local leo's who confiscated (as a joke) my rifle just long enough to put a few dozen rounds downrange. After they were done shooting , they returned it to me and said it shot better then their department issued AR's. :)

You're fortunate to have LEO's with a sense of humor.

sac7000
06-29-2006, 4:15 PM

It's easy, I'm old enough to be their grandfather....ewww.. :(

Harbinger
06-29-2006, 5:26 PM

Here's his original post:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=34663

Chopper
07-01-2006, 1:24 PM
I was in Gun World in Burbank today and the owner told me the
DOJ was contacting all OLL sellers for names and addresses.
Is this more hysteria?

Cato
07-01-2006, 1:37 PM

The LEOs are lucky the gun owner has a sense of humor too. It might have gotten REALLY ugly.

kantstudien
07-02-2006, 4:03 PM
Is this more hysteria?

Well, this could mean one of two things:

1) We will be contacted to register our OLLs. We will then be able to build them up into AW status.

2) We will be required to register our OLLs. We will then smell jack-boot polish at our doors in "two weeks."

:p

dbawmp
07-03-2006, 2:43 PM
Is this more hysteria?

I'm calling BS on anything I hear at Gun World. They told me the reason a Sealed magwell CA legal Bushmaster Rifle costs $1500 at their store.... is because it has to go thru a $500 Conversion to make it Legal to sell in California. They have been spewing misinformation from the beginning of this whole OLL Thing.

sac7000
07-03-2006, 3:23 PM
I'm calling BS on anything I hear at Gun World. They told me the reason a Sealed magwell CA legal Bushmaster Rifle costs $1500 at their store.... is because it has to go thru a $500 Conversion to make it Legal to sell in California. They have been spewing misinformation from the beginning of this whole OLL Thing.

The Carbon 15 California Legal version is actually cheaper to produce then it's regular Carbon 15 version. One less step required during the milling process. I've seen them listed at wholesale dealers for $789 not too long ago.

SFV_Dealer
07-10-2006, 2:10 PM
Hey, am I missing something ? No letters from DOJ since this broke out - no calls from DOJ about giving up buyer's names - no nothing and I have been selling lowers since 2005! So what's up ? Maybe the DOJ is actually saying these OLL are fine in a lawful manner - all they want is to prevent anyone from making them detachable magazines - they aren't gon to claim anyone's rifle or make aluminum recycling richer...
I think everyone is getting hysterical - sheesh!

vonsmith
07-10-2006, 2:17 PM
Hey, am I missing something ? No letters from DOJ since this broke out - no calls from DOJ about giving up buyer's names - no nothing and I have been selling lowers since 2005! So what's up ? Maybe the DOJ is actually saying these OLL are fine in a lawful manner - all they want is to prevent anyone from making them detachable magazines - they aren't gon to claim anyone's rifle or make aluminum recycling richer...
Okay then. Check your email. I've got 2 more rifles headed your way soon for transfer. And while I'm there maybe I'll buy another OLL from you. Whadayathink?

=vonsmith=

xenophobe
07-10-2006, 3:18 PM

Yeah, isn't that the truth...

When I was at the Gun Exchange, we were selling FAL and FMP G3 receivers back in 2001... nobody cared back then and nobody cared until the OLL thing started. Funny how the OLL craze got everyone buying receivers again.

James R.
07-10-2006, 3:32 PM
Well, this could mean one of two things:

1) We will be contacted to register our OLLs. We will then be able to build them up into AW status.

LOL don't hold your breath, when my SLR-95 turned into a pumpkin I didn't get a letter warning me that it needed to be registered.

Regards,

James R.