PDA

View Full Version : Voodoo Tactical padded rifle case - how to attach backstraps?

ChrisToad
11-20-2010, 5:24 PM
I just picked this up at the Glendale show today...

http://www.voodootactical.net/p-28-42-inch-molle-soft-padded-padded-weapons-case-with-backpack-straps.aspx

I'm a little embarrassed. I'm an educated person (so to speak), and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to attach the two provided back pack straps to this case.

The top part I have figured out. The strap loops around the ring on the back and then back through the little plastic doo-hickey.

The bottom is what's getting me. The case has a metal ring. The strap has a loop sewn into it on one end, and the other end is just sewn off. The whole strap loops through one of those plastic 'claw' style connectors.... BUT, if the case AND the strap each have a ring / loop... How on earth am I supposed to make them sturdily connect to one another?

Again, I feel like I should be riding the short bus to work on Monday. Even with the picture online, I can't quite figure out how this is supposed to attach.

If you happen to know, please reply here... and make sure to ridicule me in the process. Thanks!!

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb65/chrisr069/28_3_.jpg

Jonb.
11-20-2010, 5:44 PM
Nice case...:)

McCrown
11-20-2010, 11:25 PM
I know how you feel, I was in the same boat for a while. After watching some YouTube I think I figured it out and put the end with the loop through the ring then came back through with the free end. If that doesn't help I'll have to take a closer look tomorrow and see how exactly I did it.

silversix
11-20-2010, 11:30 PM
Mines broke long ago. But then again, I packed the crap out of it.

That's just how I roll.

ChrisToad
11-22-2010, 11:20 AM
I know how you feel, I was in the same boat for a while. After watching some YouTube I think I figured it out and put the end with the loop through the ring then came back through with the free end. If that doesn't help I'll have to take a closer look tomorrow and see how exactly I did it.

Bingo, you got it. I found myself back at the gun show Sunday and had to ask the vendor. The guy assured me I would feel stupid after he explained. You're right, you take the crab claw looking clip and pull it through the loop on the other end... so easy!

Got my bag all decked out last night... now I just need another rifle to fill the second compartment.