PDA

View Full Version : UPS or FedEx ever lost your gun?

GTKrockeTT
06-27-2006, 9:20 AM
If so, who did you inform? DOJ, local PD, or did you just leave the crooks (UPS in this case) deal with it?

Fate
06-27-2006, 11:02 AM
I had UPS lose track of a rifle once. After about a week they found it. It was on its way from Texas, got within 10 miles of my place then went to visit Washington state for a week :mad: It all turned out fine, but it sucked.

GTKrockeTT
06-27-2006, 11:16 AM
apparently mine was on a truck "out for delivery" friday morning, but they never even attempted delivery that day. it had a destination scan friday evening, and since then, UPS has lost track of the package. unf@#kingbelievable.

kalibear
06-27-2006, 11:28 AM
I hope it was insured :(

bbq_ribs
06-27-2006, 11:31 AM
No guns lost, but I have had frequent problems with UPS & FedEx delivering ammo.

Some of it was related to my mailbox location (a UPS Store) but I have recently moved everything to a new privately owned mailbox location.

GTKrockeTT
06-27-2006, 11:40 AM
I hope it was insured :(

it was, the problem is...i've already started DROS on it. actually, that's not that big a deal. the big deal is that i got, at least i feel i did, a great deal on it. and, the price is no longer available. should this rifle truly be lost, i'll end up paying more for a replacement.

OptionX3
06-27-2006, 11:37 PM
I have really good experiences with UPS, literally had 100+ packages delivered to my old and new house and they all came on time. One time, UPS guy showed up at 10pm, but still made it. But FedEX is a whole new story, I had multiple deliveries that were delayed for no apparent reasons. Website would show that it's out for delivery for 2days sometimes. And one time I ordered a home theater system, tracking showed that it was out for delivery and then delivered. And site even has a feature where I can check the acceptors signature. It showed some random signature! :eek: So I thought maybe it was 1.delivered to some other house by error 2. stolen from my porch.
So, I went up and down the street and asked my neighbors. None of them saw any ugly FedEX truck or anyone by my house. So I was pretty pissed at this point, so I contacted FedEX and reported missing/stolen package +some angry words. So what happens next day? I return home to find my SONY system waiting for me at the door. What happend was that, the delivery guy forged my signature to make it look like it was delivered on time (They need to meet quotas). He must figured I was some dupe, he'll just drop it off next morning and I'll never know the difference. Anyway, I was just happy to get my system so I didnt pursue further to get him in trouble. But now I think about it, I should've got him fired. In conclusion, I live in pretty good neighborhood and FedEX = crap service.

So I suggest that you wait 1-2 days and if it doesnt show then start searching. FedEX customer service was actually pretty nice.

saki302
06-28-2006, 12:12 AM
I used to know the UPS guy, and I'd get my stuff at 1pm or so. Lately, it's some new people, and my stuff arrives at like 5:30-6:30pm :(

At least I get it 'at all' pretty consistently here...

-Dave

GTKrockeTT
06-28-2006, 6:51 AM
So I suggest that you wait 1-2 days and if it doesnt show then start searching. FedEX customer service was actually pretty nice.

it's been 6 days since when the package should have arrived. they (UPS) have no idea where it's at right now, and are running a trace.

AR-shogun
06-28-2006, 8:44 AM
I have never had a problem with delivery of Firearms or Ammo. My UPS and Fedex Drivers are very good. Nothing has ever been lost.

JPglee1
06-29-2006, 7:16 AM
it's been 6 days since when the package should have arrived. they (UPS) have no idea where it's at right now, and are running a trace.

It's happily occupying a spot in some 'bangers closet or trunk right now :(

I hope you get your insurance.

JP

Res
06-29-2006, 10:56 AM
GT, even if they decide to file the claim and issue you your insurance money, do not give up on finding it. I had an issue with a softball bat back in March. claim was filed 2 weeks later for them to send me a check. i still wasn't happy with them for "losing" my bat so i kept pestering them until i finally contacted a security agent that seemed like she wanted to help.

UPS has a huge warehouse in Utah where they store all of the unclaimed or damaged items that either they don't feel like looking for and would rather just pay the insurance, or not claimed.

UPS found my bat yesterday and are shipping it back to me, along with the insurance money i was out of pocket.

So keep trying and good luck.

midnitereaper
06-29-2006, 11:51 AM
I had 2000 dollars worth of gun parts shipped from model1sales TX to me in CA. UPS left the package on my doorstep on a week day around the afternoon hours. Luckly I logged on to UPS tracking at work saw the delivery and asked my boss if I could go. He okayed it so I rushed home. I can't believe UPS left the package in the open like that. First off it was 2k worth of merchandise in there and second of all it contained all the parts (minus stripped lower) to make 3 AR-15 rifles. :eek:

GTKrockeTT
06-29-2006, 1:45 PM
GT, even if they decide to file the claim and issue you your insurance money, do not give up on finding it. I had an issue with a softball bat back in March. claim was filed 2 weeks later for them to send me a check. i still wasn't happy with them for "losing" my bat so i kept pestering them until i finally contacted a security agent that seemed like she wanted to help.

UPS has a huge warehouse in Utah where they store all of the unclaimed or damaged items that either they don't feel like looking for and would rather just pay the insurance, or not claimed.

UPS found my bat yesterday and are shipping it back to me, along with the insurance money i was out of pocket.

So keep trying and good luck.

will do, thanks. i went from eagerness in awaiting my new rifle, to frustration, to anger, and now i'm at a peaceful state of acceptance...although i still have deep rooted feelings of strangling the next person i see wearing a brown uniform.

Jedi
06-29-2006, 6:11 PM
One thing to keep in mind is that the value you insure the item for is set when it is shipped. It is my understanding that the insurance value isn't necessarily what you paid for the item, but the actual value of the item. That being the case, the shipper should have set the value at what it would cost to replace the item, not the "really great deal" price you paid.