PDA

View Full Version : A Violation of Civil rights?

Spl1nter_c311
06-25-2006, 10:49 PM
Ok so heres a setup
A Bad guy breaks into your house, you grab your gun and exchange fire with the bad guy.
Bad guy has a high cap magazine that he got on the black(gray) market. you are stuck with 10 rds because the legislator said so. you shoot all ten rds and miss (its a hypothetical, so hypothetically you suck and can't reload), the bad guy has more rds and kills you with them.

Could a case be made for a violation of civil rights because you were prevented from protecting your self by having to obey the restrictive law?

Just looking for opinions.. What cha think?

adam

socalguns
06-25-2006, 11:07 PM
I vote absolutely not.
http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/

update: there have been lots of drive-by's and other crimes comitted with illegal automatic weapons. If your idea had any merit, I think someone would've already used it.

tenpercentfirearms
06-25-2006, 11:32 PM
Could a case be made for a violation of civil rights because you were prevented from protecting your self by having to obey the restrictive law?No. You are dead. You can't sue anyone.

Where are these threads coming from? :confused:

xenophobe
06-25-2006, 11:57 PM
Where are these threads coming from? :confused:

From someone who plays Splinter Cell too much... And oddly, that game doesn't focus on the spray and pray method, but of conservative use of ammo and shot placement...

...in real life, in a defense situation, you'll only need one or two rounds. Anything more is just pure fantasy.

Stanze
06-26-2006, 12:03 AM
If you really needed standard cap magazines to survive a firefight then the cops and military wouldn't be using 10 round mags like they do right?<---*sarcasm*.:rolleyes:

This shouldn't be an issue if you were born before 1/1/2000. You did stock up on all the standard cap mags you'll ever need before the ban right?:)

C.G.
06-26-2006, 1:29 AM
Go to the range every now and then.:)

dmckean44
06-26-2006, 2:44 AM
If you really needed standard cap magazines to survive a firefight then the cops and military wouldn't be using 10 round mags like they do right?<---*sarcasm*.:rolleyes:

This shouldn't be an issue if you were born before 1/1/2000. You did stock up on all the standard cap mags you'll ever need before the ban right?:)

That only works if you were living in CA before the ban took effect.

adamsreeftank
06-26-2006, 2:52 AM
From someone who plays Splinter Cell too much... And oddly, that game doesn't focus on the spray and pray method, but of conservative use of ammo and shot placement...

...in real life, in a defense situation, you'll only need one or two rounds. Anything more is just pure fantasy.

Maybe he plays Counter Strike. Lots of spray and pray going on with the M4.:D

69Mach1
06-26-2006, 5:23 AM
A violation of civil rights? I don't think so, but a wrongful death lawsuit filed by your loveones against the state, maybe.:) Just have two guns -20 rounds.

glen avon
06-26-2006, 7:53 AM
Ok so heres a setup...Just looking for opinions.. What cha think?

no, but there's always the second amendment or the commerce clause. :D

stag1500
06-26-2006, 9:10 AM
If you're so worried about not hitting your target, get yourself a shotgun. You're going to have a much harder time missing with one of those.

sv_sniper
06-26-2006, 9:22 AM
1) Get a shotgun instaed of handgun.
2) You stock up the standard capacity magazines before the ban, don't ya? Don't use the 10-round junk, for your protection.

rkt88edmo
06-26-2006, 9:33 AM
"If you're so worried about not hitting your target, get yourself a shotgun. You're going to have a much harder time missing with one of those."

"...in real life, in a defense situation, you'll only need one or two rounds. Anything more is just pure fantasy."

:rolleyes:

and the hits keep coming!

PIRATE14
06-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Well somone would get sued.....

Do they catch the bad guy in this instance????

If the bad guys have high caps, why can't the good guys.

The Soup Nazi
06-26-2006, 11:28 AM
Because that would be logical, and we can't have that here.

knight_dive
06-26-2006, 11:58 AM
Turns out shotguns make pretty poor "area suppression" weapons. check out http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot3.htm

3 1/2" spread at 12' w/ 00buck. I'd be happy to hold my pistol rounds into a circle that size in the dark under stress, moving and with a moving target to boot. Guess I'll just have to send a few thousand more practice rounds downrange. Bummer:rolleyes:

xenophobe
06-26-2006, 5:43 PM
"If you're so worried about not hitting your target, get yourself a shotgun. You're going to have a much harder time missing with one of those."

"...in real life, in a defense situation, you'll only need one or two rounds. Anything more is just pure fantasy."

:rolleyes:

and the hits keep coming!

Please show me ONE incident where someone died because the capacity of their pistol magazine was limited to 10 rounds or show me where one incident where a high capacity magazine was needed to safe their life... how pathetically hilarious. :rolleyes:

Guess you wouldn't feel safe without a full auto M4 with a topped off Beta C?

rkt88edmo
06-26-2006, 6:25 PM
Please show me ONE incident where someone died because the capacity of their pistol magazine was limited to 10 rounds...

I was referring to your 1-2 round fantasy limit.

Many crimes are averted by citizens with firearms with no shots fired, or a single shot, but are you saying that you can't find many instances of more than two shots being fired? 3, 4, 5, shots consists of a fantasy world?

Xeno, there is a soldier on a poster out there with a nice big cup for you.

lpspinner
06-26-2006, 6:47 PM
Guess you wouldn't feel safe without a full auto M4 with a topped off Beta C?

I'd be happy with that. :D

xenophobe
06-26-2006, 7:19 PM
I was referring to your 1-2 round fantasy limit.

Many crimes are averted by citizens with firearms with no shots fired, or a single shot, but are you saying that you can't find many instances of more than two shots being fired? 3, 4, 5, shots consists of a fantasy world?

No... I didn't say that... Let me state it a litte clearer... I'm just saying that you don't really need more than 1 or 2 rounds in all but the most extreme cases, and that it won't make a single bit of difference whether you have a 15+ round mag, or a 10 round CA Compliant mag...

Xeno, there is a soldier on a poster out there with a nice big cup for you.

Yah, and I'm drinking that nice big cup right now. :D

Cato
06-26-2006, 8:30 PM
Ok so heres a setup
A Bad guy breaks into your house, you grab your gun and exchange fire with the bad guy.
Bad guy has a high cap magazine that he got on the black(gray) market. you are stuck with 10 rds because the legislator said so. you shoot all ten rds and miss (its a hypothetical, so hypothetically you suck and can't reload), the bad guy has more rds and kills you with them.

Could a case be made for a violation of civil rights because you were prevented from protecting your self by having to obey the restrictive law?

Just looking for opinions.. What cha think?

adam

__________________________________________________ ____

I believe your Constitutional Rights are in violation: in fact, infringed. California's magazine limits are in clear violation of the Second Amendment of the US constitution. Your Civil Rights would be violated if, say, because of race you couldn't own a standard capacity magazine. Why doesnt the NRA fight more aggressively against local firearms regulations?