PDA

View Full Version : German P-38

morrcarr67
11-17-2010, 4:57 AM
S.O.G. has these on sale for $389.00 here's what they have to say about them:

These are WWII, all steel, Nazi marked P38 pistols that were captured by the Russians. At some point over the years, they have been refinished and mismatched and rematched by a Russian arsenal. Mechanically they are excellent, metal finish is excellent, Nazi codes and proofs are all there. The markings are crisp and clear, itís just that one of the numbers on the barrel, frame or side has been renumbered to match the other two. These are historic, collectable P38ís and the last of the last. When these are gone, surplus P38ís are gone!

If you've never ordered from them I would try using their online ordering process and see what happens.:D

Plywood
11-17-2010, 8:07 AM
Will they sell them to CA? Every time I get their ad, everything has "not for sale in CA" next to it. I just throw it away when it comes. They just got in some m1 carbines and they wont sell them to us.

morrcarr67
11-17-2010, 8:13 AM
Yes these are California legal, and they will sell them to us. Try using their online ordering system and see what happens. :D

AnZ17N
11-17-2010, 8:58 AM
Yeah, when I saw that they wouldn't sell those M1's, or any C&R's in general, to us I definitely let out a long sigh.

morrcarr67
11-17-2010, 9:17 AM
Yeah, when I saw that they wouldn't sell those M1's, or any C&R's in general, to us I definitely let out a long sigh.

Not quite sure what you mean?:confused: I by from them all the time. Long guns AND HANDGUNS. I've never had any trouble with them.

Try using their online ordering system. You just might be surprised. :rolleyes:

zinfull
11-17-2010, 10:39 AM
I would add a couple hundreds and get a decent P38 that does match and is nicer. The ones SOG is selling maybe collectibles when there are no more guns allowed say in 100 years. They are shooters and the bottom of the category to boot. I just got a AC41 Walther that was dipped for $500. All matching and in very good shape. The Russian dip is what lowers the price and makes it a shooter. It is OK as I need another one to shoot.

jerry

Datamancer
11-17-2010, 10:58 AM
So what's the deal with SOG? Do they only have one gun for sale at a time? I've been to their site a bunch of times and I don't see a category for firearms, just ammo and accessories.
BTW, it does say "not for sale in CA" under the p38s right now.

-~D~-

hk91666
11-17-2010, 11:50 AM
You have to create an account to see firearms and BTW here is status on P38's
SKU SHG-P38S
Dealer License Required C&R
California Sales OK for Sale in California

timdps
11-17-2010, 1:43 PM
That is $60 off the regular price and is a pretty good deal. Its not a lot more than a postwar P1.

Tim

morrcarr67
11-17-2010, 3:34 PM
That is $60 off the regular price and is a pretty good deal. Its not a lot more than a postwar P1.

Tim

Even cheaper. Samco Global has Post-War Alloy Frame P-38's "Very Good" for $399.95; "Special Select Condition" for $429.95 and "Excellent Condition" for $449.95.

For a good shooter I would rather have a All Steel War Time P-38 with mixed numbers then a Post-War Alloy frame with matching numbers.:cool:

Though right now I'm going to wait until December 13th and order me up one of those CZ-82's they will have for $159.95 and hope they also have some P-38's left.