View Full Version : Mini Muzzle Break

06-24-2006, 12:18 AM
I bought this Muzzle Break off of Bushmaster.com

yea... I dunno how to get it on :o
Do I just drive out the front pin on the front sight? It is the Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle, Blued + Wood
I have pressed on the pin prety hard, but it doesnt feel like it wants to go...

thanks for any help :)

06-24-2006, 6:36 AM
You remove the roll pin that attaches your front sight to the barrel, slip the MB on, drive in the new roll pin provided with the brake. That should be all there is to it. I have heard that these are pretty effective at increasing accuracy by dampening the barrel whip on the Mini's thin barrel.

06-24-2006, 10:39 AM
Lay your rifle down on the floor with the front sight portion on a chunk of wood.
Oh, make sure it is unloaded. Now check again. Remove the bolt and put it in another room, mail your mags and ammo to the address I will give later.
Okay, maybe I'm being overly careful.. ;)
Get a punch slightly smaller than the roll pin that holds the front sight on. If you don't have a punch, find a finishing nail the right size and snip the tip off.
Tap the roll pin out and then pull the punch/nail back out, this is why you want it slightly smaller. Most front sight assemblies will stay right where they are and not move.

Now for the choice part of our show. Your brake has two set screws on the bottom. Normally with set screws you would drill small indentations for them to lock into. However since your brake is primarily held on by the longer pin the set screws don't necessarily need divots. The set screws are to prevent 'jiggling'.
If you want to set divots remove the set screws, find a drill bit that fits loosly through the holes. Slide the brake on to where it is suppose to be and drill small indentations into the front sight band.

Whether you did the divots or not slide the rake on, line up the pin hole in the brake with the pin hole in the sight. The brake should have come with a longer roll pin, use that to pin the brake and front sight to the barrel. Now put a drop of Blue Loctite on the set screw threads and tighten them frimly but don't strip them.

Let the Loctite set, make sure you have good ear protection and have fun!

06-24-2006, 11:21 PM

look at the front sight tho..... I dont think this will work. I think I need a new front, like the older ones.