PDA

View Full Version : DD LPK trigger guard install issue

GlockBlocker
11-15-2010, 12:20 PM
This is my first lower I'm building and I'm stuck on this trigger guard, specifically the attachment to the front. (hole only on one side)

The images I see in the breakout that came with the LPK, as well as some other pictures I see online, shows the front of the trigger guard having something attached that fits in the hole of the lower.

Mine is just a hole and I do not see any part that would fit here.

Look at the "Trigger Guard" in this picture to see what I mean. There is a piece that sticks up on the left side of it. The chart that came with the DD LPK shows a similar shape and calls the whole piece "Enhanced Trigger Guard Assembly".

http://www.ar15.com/content/guides/assembly/lower/lowerKit.gif

What am I missing here?

sevensix2x51
11-15-2010, 12:34 PM
There should be a spring loaded pin in the front of the trigger guard. Sounds like you have a defective part.

PlacerTactical
11-15-2010, 12:48 PM
The DD lpk use a Magpul trigger guard. It will use a roll pin for the back and the front uses an allen set screw.

GlockBlocker
11-15-2010, 12:53 PM
I called DD and no one was available, so I called Primary Arms (who I purchased the kit from) and they looked at another kit which had the parts mine was missing.

Top notch service with Primary Arms. They offered to send me the part without me having to ask. I thought I'd have to take it up with DD.

Thanks for putting me on the right track.

damndave
11-15-2010, 12:56 PM
I don't recall any part sticking out like that. the front uses a roll pin and the rear is a allen screw.

PlacerTactical
11-15-2010, 1:33 PM
I don't recall any part sticking out like that. the front uses a roll pin and the rear is a allen screw.

Its the other way around.

The pic shown has a standard trigger guard which has the spring-loaded stud. The DD kit has the Magpul trigger guard, not shown in pic.