PDA

View Full Version : I have a DROS question

colt45kid
11-14-2010, 3:36 PM
I’m new to this site and I’m interested in 2 SA 1911’s. One is the PX9154LP Loaded Full Size Black Stainless Steel and the other is the PX9151LP Loaded Full Size Stainless Steel.

However, when I went to the DOJ Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale, all I could find was the PX9151L / Stainless Steel and PX9154L / Stainless Steel. Does it make a difference that the ones on the DOJ roster do not have the “P” designation as the last letter in the name? Are they in reality the same and California got lazy and dropped the “P” designation?

If they are legal in this state, any good suggestions on where to purchase them in the Bay Area?

Thanks.

sequoia_nomad
11-14-2010, 3:50 PM
I'm not familiar with those two guns, but generally it has to be the exact model listed on the roster. Different finish, sights, you name it and it would be considered a different gun.

halifax
11-14-2010, 3:55 PM
In this case, the "P" at the end of the Springfield Armory's designation is for "Package" and is OK for DROS, as long as everything else is the same. Package incluses a plastic holster and mag pouch usually.

MA2
11-14-2010, 4:16 PM
In this case, the "P" at the end of the Springfield Armory's designation is for "Package" and is OK for DROS, as long as everything else is the same. Package includes a plastic holster and mag pouch usually.http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/images/icons/icon14.gif

(i think only the trp-operator with full dustcover/rail is an exception...it needs the CA at the end of the model number)

wamphyri13
11-14-2010, 4:37 PM
They're legal. As stated by others, the "P" is for the package. When the guns were first rostered, SA didn't have packages. Now they are the norm. The model of the gun ends in L. You're good to go.
Ryan