PDA

View Full Version : Knoxx Sotck -- Where to Purchase

Sig226
06-22-2006, 7:00 PM
I'm looking to pickup the Knoxx SpecOps stock for my Mossy 500.

I was going to buy it from Midway as they had ONE left on Tues. (I was waiting for my paycheck...) And now it's gone. :(

So, I've been searching around for a price better than from the dealer---and it seems Midway was just about it. Impact guns has one for like $129, but if Im not mistaken Impact Guns has a bad rep for customer service.

Correct me if I am wrong about Impact please...

So, where can I buy one for a good price? :D

Dave

ETA: If I had taken an EXTRA second--the Subject should have been " Knoxx Stock -- Where to Purchase?"

swq
06-22-2006, 7:35 PM
I bought one at Cabelas for $109.99. They show the one for the Mossberg to be in stock.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0012785224733a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=knoxx&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=knoxx&noImage=0

x2delight
06-22-2006, 10:20 PM
i bought my breachers grip direct from Knoxx

no problems at all and fast shipping since iam like 50 miles from them

timmy8151
06-23-2006, 4:48 AM
http://www.islandtactical.com/

They have some good prices.

Sig226
06-23-2006, 2:57 PM
Man, I must have had a brian fart...

I thought I checked the big guys...

Well, sweet...Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Done, and bought. :-)

tpliquid1
06-23-2006, 5:41 PM
got my here
http://www.bowerstactical.com/

jessegpresley
06-25-2006, 9:39 AM
I bought my Knoxx stock on eBay.

mblat
06-25-2006, 5:16 PM
I bought my Knoxx stock on eBay.

+1 on that....

Sig226
06-30-2006, 1:27 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I got my Knoxx SpecOps stock.... And promptly took it to the range. :D

http://dlight.w-a-w.net/knoxx/Knoxx1.jpg

All in all it's exactly what I wanted. It's nicely adjustable with great recoil reducing properties.

In fact I ran almost two dozen slugs down the barrel and my shoulder felt no worse for wear! Now that is pretty damn awesome! (Additionally I went through a box of bird shot and 12 00)

Also they included the soft buttpad extension with mine---so I was very happy with that. Install was simple...although one should get long allen wrenches for this one!

The on issue I have is with getting to the action unlock level to cycle the gun without firing. See the groove on the left side of the pistol grip---It gets in the way.

http://dlight.w-a-w.net/knoxx/Knoxx2.jpg

That being said---I don't find it to be a life-threatening issue because if I'm ever in the situation I'm going to be pumping and pulling that trigger 'till "it" stops moving. (Toward me :rolleyes: )

If I get up the courage I may dremel the slightest bit off at a time to where I can reach it easily again.

Anyhow, all things considered I'm very pleased with my purchase and the stocks performance.

rorschach
06-30-2006, 4:39 PM
The on issue I have is with getting to the action unlock level to cycle the gun without firing. See the groove on the left side of the pistol grip---It gets in the way.

I may be going off on a tangent here, but that was one of the reasons I got rid of the Choate pistol grip/fullstock on my 870. With a straightstock, you just kinda slide your hand up and grasp to work the action lock. With the pistol grip, you must take your hand off the grip, then grasp the receiver. May not seem like much, and no doubt with training, I would have gotten used to it, but I decided to keep it the same as my other 870.

NwG
06-30-2006, 8:11 PM
Looks good Dave! Should have given me a call :)

The action release can play a very important part in clearing malfuntions and some types of tactical shooting..

James R.
07-03-2006, 9:00 PM
Bought mine from Midway it's in the mail...

My orig order was with Impact cause it said, "in stock ships 24~48 hours". Called Knoxx and found out that they ship Impacts orders directly and so it's impossible that I'd get my stock in 24~48 hours, but instead something like, "maybe a few weeks". LOL Impact order cancelled.

That having been said I bought my FN from Impact and a few small automatic knives and they've been great.

Regards,

James R.

CaCrusin
07-05-2006, 7:47 AM
My orig order was with Impact cause it said, "in stock ships 24~48 hours". Called Knoxx and found out that they ship Impacts orders directly and so it's impossible that I'd get my stock in 24~48 hours, but instead something like, "maybe a few weeks". LOL Impact order cancelled.

That having been said I bought my FN from Impact and a few small automatic knives and they've been great.

Regards,

James R.

Have you ever played the old telephone game where you whisper something in a person's ear and they pass it along the line until the last person says what they were told? It is never even close.

I know that James R. is an honest guy and not out to harm anyone. I was the person he spoke to and I did discuss the delivery time for our products. What I did not say was that we "ship Impacts orders directly to them." We ship to a distributor who ships to Impact. Impact is a reputable customer and a fine retailer. The shortage of SpecOps stocks has been due to strong demand and several very large OEM orders. We have increased capacity and shouldn't experience this kind of problem again. Thanks for your patience.

(James R. -- Let me know how you like the stock.)

Good Shooting,

CaCrusin

James R.
07-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Have you ever played the old telephone game where you whisper something in a person's ear and they pass it along the line until the last person says what they were told? It is never even close.

I know that James R. is an honest guy and not out to harm anyone. I was the person he spoke to and I did discuss the delivery time for our products. What I did not say was that we "ship Impacts orders directly to them." We ship to a distributor who ships to Impact. Impact is a reputable customer and a fine retailer. The shortage of SpecOps stocks has been due to strong demand and several very large OEM orders. We have increased capacity and shouldn't experience this kind of problem again. Thanks for your patience.

(James R. -- Let me know how you like the stock.)

Good Shooting,

CaCrusin

Maybe there was a misunderstanding when we spoke, but I know what I said and what was said to me.

The call was originally to find out if/why the ball end wrench was needed and how one gets the original stock off. I was unaware there were tiny slits in the old buttstock. In any event...

I asked if Impact ships from Imapct or if they just send the orders to you and you guys send them on. I asked because I wanted to know if I would be getting it that week. If you were shipping it I would, if they were shipping it I probably wouldn't. Lots of companies use a drop ship based model like this, Impact just takes orders sends them on to you and you ship the product to the end user. At that point you mentioned that the stock situation was bad and you had a lot of backorders to fill etc. It sounded like you were suggesting you guys drop ship on the behalf of Impact.

In any event Impact pissed me off by having that, "In Stock Ships 24~48 Hrs" on their website. One of the things I hate the most is backorders when people claim to have crap in stock. So I cancelled the order because I felt this was dishonest stock reporting. I have sinced moved my order to Midway USA which I've had very good dealings with and look forward to getting the stock :-)

Regards,

James R.

Shane916
07-05-2006, 12:37 PM
I ordered directly from CaCrusin. He and Knoxx are a great and very friendly company to deal with. If customer service and time is really important then ordering directly from Knoxx would be the way to go :)

James R.
07-05-2006, 3:08 PM
I ordered directly from CaCrusin. He and Knoxx are a great and very friendly company to deal with. If customer service and time is really important then ordering directly from Knoxx would be the way to go :)

Probably should have gone that route myself, ohh well Midway gets it done and it's a bit cheaper.

Regards,

James R.

JOEKILLA
07-05-2006, 3:37 PM
Got mine through EBay, 150 including the PowerPak. :)