PDA

View Full Version : Sporterized Swedish Mauser by Kimber of America.

Variable2147
11-13-2010, 8:50 AM
Just ordered one with a Simmons scope off of gunsamerica. Its condition would be perfect, but the finish has some pitting toward the end of the barrel. it is in the original 6.5x55SE not a re-barrel. The only research I did was to read an article on chuckhawks.com which had good things to say. Also, i looked at some online discussion. Didn't hear anything negative and the price was right.

Is there anything i should know from you wiser and more experienced shooters? I know i cant load hot cartridges for it because of the weaker military action.

thanks all.

Divernhunter
11-13-2010, 9:07 AM
My buddy bought one and has had no problems with it.

toby
11-13-2010, 9:19 AM
I have one in 22-250 ,just change out the trigger and you will be amazed! and on the ammo load it to normal levels even the highest listed for the 6.5 you will be fine it's a mauser.

Variable2147
11-13-2010, 9:31 AM
I have one in 22-250 ,just change out the trigger and you will be amazed! and on the ammo load it to normal levels even the highest listed for the 6.5 you will be fine it's a mauser.

sweet rifle! did that barrel come fluted from kimber or did you have that done? what trigger do you recommend?

toby
11-13-2010, 5:47 PM
sweet rifle! did that barrel come fluted from kimber or did you have that done? what trigger do you recommend?

Barrel came that way and I put a Timney trigger in it, the two stage that comes with that gun really sucks! later you might want to upgrade the stock these are as cheap as cheap get's they are made by Ramline. I got my gun new when kimber first did this late 80's I think????

Trapper
11-13-2010, 5:55 PM
Good friend of mine picked up a Kimber sporterized 96 Mauser back in the mid 90's, he glass bedded it in a walnut stock replaced the trigger, added optics and it is a tack driver. 6.5x55 is a fantastic round, very accurate and mild recoil.