PDA

View Full Version : Mailed out C&R in September.....

Markus
11-13-2010, 7:54 AM
Still havent received anything in the mail yet. Is there someone I can call to see what is up?

Iffy
11-13-2010, 8:02 AM
yes, you should call. if anything, youll speak with someone who will check out immediately, correct the error and make sure you get it in a couple of days. happen to me too, i had to call in after a couple months to see what was going on. a polite young lady picked up the phone and cleared it all up AND apologized for the delay. sometimes things get accepted, but dont get sent out. g/l

Federal Firearms Licensing Center
244 Needy Road
Martinsburg, West Virginia 25405 USA
Voice (866) 662-2750 (Toll Free)
Fax (866) 257-2749 (Toll Free)

p.s. i dont recall if this is the right number, its been over 2 years and they change this stuff up occasionally.

shmeare
11-13-2010, 10:08 AM
Wow, it shouldn't take that long, give them a call and find out.

Paul S
11-13-2010, 10:36 AM
Yes indeed make the call and ask what's up.
It is my understanding if there is a problem ( Chief L.E.O. raises a red flag...some other information or background check problem ) you get notified that there is a problem and what it is all about.

My best guess is since you haven't received THAT kind of info...you simply got caught up in some sort of clerical snag.
Good luck

Markus
11-13-2010, 11:53 AM
yes, you should call. if anything, youll speak with someone who will check out immediately, correct the error and make sure you get it in a couple of days. happen to me too, i had to call in after a couple months to see what was going on. a polite young lady picked up the phone and cleared it all up AND apologized for the delay. sometimes things get accepted, but dont get sent out. g/l

Federal Firearms Licensing Center
244 Needy Road
Martinsburg, West Virginia 25405 USA
Voice (866) 662-2750 (Toll Free)
Fax (866) 257-2749 (Toll Free)

p.s. i dont recall if this is the right number, its been over 2 years and they change this stuff up occasionally.

Too bad they are closed on weekends. I know that it took a while for my background check to go through when I got my job so long in fact they almost didnt hire me. It did eventually come in but it toook much longer than everyone elses. I wonder if I have a smiliar name to someone who did something bad or something of that sort?

trnorman
11-13-2010, 11:55 AM
I'm in the same boat. Mailed the application in late September, CC was charged a few days later and still have not seen anything in the mail. I need to call and inquire.

SoCal Bob
11-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Has your payment cleared yet? I mailed my application on August 31st, they received it on September 2nd, they charged my credit card on September 3rd and I received the license in the mail on September 25th. The info packet with the CD arrived while I was on vacation, it was postmarked October 17th.

Mssr. Eleganté
11-13-2010, 12:40 PM
I'm in the same boat. Mailed the application in late September, CC was charged a few days later and still have not seen anything in the mail. I need to call and inquire.

They have 60 days to issue the license once they charge your credit card. If it's been longer than 60 days then you should call to see what the problem is.

Tom Slick
11-13-2010, 2:52 PM
I mailed mine out in late Sept. and haven't received it yet either.

Interloper
11-13-2010, 2:56 PM
Late September? I would expect it soon. The back log isn't as bad as it had been. Back during Obamascare it was taking people several months before their license came.

Markus
11-13-2010, 3:23 PM
ill have to give them a call on monday.... Im all antsy now though....

Iffy
11-13-2010, 7:47 PM
so lets just change the topic and you can stop nail biting. what are you gonna buy as a first rifle?

Markus
11-13-2010, 8:24 PM
I'm thinking a k31 looks nice. I like the look and have heard no bad things about them. Anybody know where to get one for good price?

SoCal Bob
11-13-2010, 9:06 PM
J&G have some starting at $199.95

http://www.jgsales.com/index.php/c/c-r-guns/c/c-r-guns/cPath/290/sort/3a/page/2

They are great people to deal with and are California friendly.

Markus
11-16-2010, 12:51 PM
I called the licensing office today the lady there told me it usually takes 60-90 days to receive your license once they received it. It turns out that time seems to have been crawling by as I did this in october 5th not september but that they didnt receive it until oct 21 so earliest I can get it is december 21st. Would make for a nice christmas present though.

Tom Slick
11-16-2010, 6:44 PM
I've been thinking I need a K31 also.

SandDiegoDuner
11-16-2010, 8:43 PM
Markus I would not believe what you were told. I send my app in on Oct 15th. They pulled the money from my account on the 19th. I had the license on the 26th. Maybe they are doing a little more background checking on you than they did for me.

Donkeypunch0420
11-16-2010, 8:58 PM
Markus I would not believe what you were told. I send my app in on Oct 15th. They pulled the money from my account on the 19th. I had the license on the 26th. Maybe they are doing a little more background checking on you than they did for me.

???? WTF!!!

They took my Money in late September, still no C&R. aarrgghhhhh, guess I'll be making a call soon.

SnipeShot
11-16-2010, 9:17 PM
I will be calling tomorrow. I sent my paperwork in to change my address from Thousand Oaks to Canoga Park on Sept 1 have not heard back yet... Everyday I look in the mailbox in hopes of my updated 03. I would like to purchase some some more C&R's but cant :(

Markus
11-16-2010, 10:11 PM
Perhaps I should call back again tomorrow? See if I get someone else perhaps?

SandDiegoDuner
11-17-2010, 6:50 PM
I need to revise the dates on my original post. I mailed my app on 10/8 was billed 10/12 and received on 10/26. Still only two weeks from the date I was billed until I had my license in hand.

I would still say you guys are under the magnifying glass.

Markus
11-17-2010, 9:00 PM
Yeah I don't know what the deal is same thing happened with my background check for work took forever to get in. I've never gotten more than a couple parking tickets.

SnipeShot
11-17-2010, 9:39 PM
I called the BATFE today, spoke with a very nice lady who checked on my status. She said it was processed on October 18th so 6 weeks after I mailed the form in. I explained I have not received the new paperwork yet, she said they will resend my paperwork and if I don't receive it in 2 weeks to call back as it might be stuck in processing since I was issued a new license number.