PDA

View Full Version : Add a services catagory to the online gunshow

paradox
06-22-2006, 12:27 PM
I think there should be a section added to the online gunshow where members can advertise their (legal) services. Things like dentists, massage therapy, brick layers, limo drivers, whatever. That way folks can choose to take their business to a fellow California gun nut.

RRangel
06-23-2006, 7:50 PM
Well, it is a gun board.

m1371
06-24-2006, 8:01 AM
I think there should be a section added to the online gunshow where members can advertise their (legal) services. Things like dentists, massage therapy, brick layers, limo drivers, whatever. That way folks can choose to take their business to a fellow California gun nut.

Neat idea but I think adding an entire section might be a bit much.

Maybe just sticky a thread at the top of the "Off-Topic" Discussion Lounge with a post from all the CalGuns members who have something to offer to their fellow members. Keep it neat and simple by limiting it to an "advertising post" and no discussions, just contact via PM.

My .02 worth on it.

paradox
06-25-2006, 5:35 AM
yeah, I realize it is a gun board, more importantly it is a California gun board. We’re in occupied territory here. That is why I thought it would be nice to be able to choose to spend my money with a fellow cali gun nut, that way we know the profits would be going to something worthwhile, like more ammo or another upper. Christian communities have yellow pages of fellow christian businesses so they can choose to shop there, why can’t we?

C.G.
06-25-2006, 10:43 AM
Yes, I would like to know where I can buy some beef jerky and sarongs.:D

Fjold
02-08-2007, 12:19 PM
I'm resurrecting this thread because I'd like to see a Calgunners Business/Services forum.

I know that I pay for a lot of contractors for A/C service, painting, landscaping, etc. and I would love to have the opportunity to spend some of that money with someone that contributes here at Calguns.

Wifezilla wants a new house so I'm shortly going to be needing a lot of stuff to get the old house ready to sell and a pool contractor, landscaper, alarm system installer, cement work, maybe an outbuilding for the garden, etc. for the new house. Add in the people who sell on commision for stuff that I'll be buying for the new house and there's money out there for someone.

I'm sure that there are people on here who would like to have the business.

xenophobe
02-08-2007, 3:32 PM
Actually, this is not a bad idea...

I could offer framing/wood finish work, pressure washing, and other services too. lol

grammaton76
02-08-2007, 3:46 PM
Actually, I would really like to see a pro-gun job board as well. If I were a hiring manager, I would be very interested in making sure that any jobs I had were exposed first to non-weenies who're unlikely to go to HR over every little thing.

I vote pro-gun, and I would like to see people hire pro-gun if possible... :)

Fjold
02-08-2007, 6:22 PM
Actually, this is not a bad idea...

I could offer framing/wood finish work, pressure washing, and other services too. lol

My brother's building a two story addition to his house in Campbell this year also. There's a lot of opportunity out there.

ns3v3n
02-08-2007, 8:59 PM
i think it would be a great idea, i'm always to look to find a gun show to go to, and those damn beef jerky are so good!!! we need one!!!!!

toymonger
02-09-2007, 6:38 AM
I'm casting my vote. I say keep it in the family, promote fellow gun enthusiasts.

Franksremote
02-09-2007, 7:58 AM
It would be another way to indirectly support our cause. Gun nepitism, I like that.

shinigami
02-09-2007, 11:01 AM
I'm all for this, been thinking of advertising my portraiture business. First 10 calgunners in the bay area get's free portraits.... hell let's go to my studio and I'll take a pic of you with your favorite firearm. :D

Can we have this kind of thread, please???:)