PDA

View Full Version : SB 349 Rescinding In-state Tuition for Illegal

Kestryll
06-22-2006, 10:19 AM
I got this in an e-mail, so we're paying for the illegal's tuition....

Rescinding In-state Tuition for Illegal Immigrants - SB 349

Senator McClintock authored SB 349, which would rescind the in-state tuition subsidy for illegal immigrants attending state universities and community colleges that was granted by AB 540 in 2001.

However, a bill by Senator Gil Cedillo, SB 160, would allow illegal immigrant students to receive state sponsored financial aid in addition to the in-state tuition.

http://www.tommcclintock.net/news.php?news_id=79&start=0&category_id=&parent_id=&arcyear=&arcmonth=

Gotta love his part:
"Consider two students from Mexico. One obeys every immigration law to come here legally. He files for the appropriate visas, he runs the gauntlet of the application process and he meets every requirement for legal status in the United States. The other has broken every immigration law for the last three years and is in the United States illegally.

The only difference is this: the LEGAL immigrant who obeyed our laws -- will be charged nearly $23,000 to attend the University of California ; the ILLEGAL immigrant will pay $6,000 with California taxpayers contributing the remaining $17,000.

Or consider an American citizen who just moved here LEGALLY from Arizona . She will also be charged the out-of state tuition. And while she is waiting tables to pay her tuition costs, her taxes will be used to subsidize the illegal immigrant. "

50 Freak
06-22-2006, 10:28 AM
I'm all for immigration. LEGAL immigration that is. America was built on the back of the immigrants.

What is happening now if a slap in the face of all of those that chose to obey the laws and play by the rules.

Now we are expected to educate/reward these people who knowingly choose to violate our laws.

Screw that. I wonder how would Mexico react if we sent all our couple of million NO refugees into their neck of woods and expected Mexico to clothed/feed/shelter them.

Sorry, none of my money should be spent to help those people. Where do I vote????

Pokey
06-22-2006, 10:30 AM
This is unbelieveable.... what part of ILLEGAL don't they understand.

BTW should this be in the general topic rather than gun legal?

CaptMike
06-22-2006, 10:48 AM
I believe it says right at the top "Topics MUST be gun related."

please keep your political beliefs in the off topic section. I come here for firearms related info. thanks

Admin: would it be possible to move this out of this forum. thanks

Kestryll
06-22-2006, 11:12 AM
I believe it says right at the top "Topics MUST be gun related."
When this first started this was the Legal and Political Forum, some of us still use it as such. Of course some of us still drag our knuckles as well... :)
please keep your political beliefs in the off topic section. I come here for firearms related info. thanks
I'm afraid you will find that it is next to impossible to avoid the political/legal stuff no matter which sub-forum you go into. It is too interwoven into all aspects of the California gun experience.

Admin: would it be possible to move this out of this forum. thanks
:D ;)

Welcome to Calguns!

CaptMike
06-22-2006, 11:51 AM
No disrespect to you, but if this is a politics forum, then it should be named that and all of the rules about staying on topic should be thrown out. It would be easy for me to talk about the methamphetamine problem being caused by white supremecists in the southern california area but this is not the place to talk about that. I go else where when I want to talk about other subjects. I have been coming here for a while for info on firearms. Just recently became a member because I believe I might be able to help someone with less knowledge. I love to collect, fix, build and definitely shoot guns. It has been my passion for more than 20 years now and would like to expand my knowledge even more and hopefully offer some of my own to others. that is what this website has plenty. It gets confusing if there is no order in the forum, that is why I ask that you stay on topic and place posts in the appropriate place. thanks for the official welcome to the site.

Mike:)

chickenfried
06-22-2006, 12:09 PM
Calm down, Francis. Welcome to the forum, Calguns is a nice laid back place. Just don't read it, if you're not interested.

vonsmith
06-22-2006, 1:55 PM
Welcome to Kalifornia! I'll keep fighting this kind of BS politically while continuing to plan my strategic withdrawal to a real State in about 12 years. I'll enjoy living in upper middle class luxury while Kalifornia deteriorates into a third world sesspool. I hope to live out my life in comparative freedom as a legal gunowner (if still allowed) until I die, then whatever is left is someone else's problem.

We always get the government we deserve.

=vonsmith=

xrMike
06-22-2006, 2:09 PM
Yeah, it's in the Calguns rules that you must have a minimum of 10 posts before you can complain about the content of other peoples' posts, and you can't start *****ing about their spelling until you've got at least 50 posts...

vonsmith
06-22-2006, 2:25 PM
Yeah, it's in the Calguns rules that you must have a minimum of 10 posts before you can complain about the content of other peoples' posts, and you can't start *****ing about their spelling until you've got at least 50 posts...

+1 And at least 100 posts before you can ***** about their punctuation.

By the way xrMike, shouldn't it be "Calguns's rules", not "Calguns rules". However you get extra points for the correct punctuation of, "peoples' posts". :D

=vonsmith=

xrMike
06-22-2006, 2:58 PM
Oy vey, you got me...

And it's spelled "cesspool", btw. :D

EDIT: Nope, you're right! "sesspool" is acceptable spelling for this word! I'm backing away from the key board now... Must stop reading ohsmiley posts, must stop reading ohsmiley posts... heheheh

6172crew
06-22-2006, 3:56 PM
No disrespect to you, but if this is a politics forum, then it should be named that and all of the rules about staying on topic should be thrown out. It would be easy for me to talk about the methamphetamine problem being caused by white supremecists in the southern california area but this is not the place to talk about that. I go else where when I want to talk about other subjects. I have been coming here for a while for info on firearms. Just recently became a member because I believe I might be able to help someone with less knowledge. I love to collect, fix, build and definitely shoot guns. It has been my passion for more than 20 years now and would like to expand my knowledge even more and hopefully offer some of my own to others. that is what this website has plenty. It gets confusing if there is no order in the forum, that is why I ask that you stay on topic and place posts in the appropriate place. thanks for the official welcome to the site.

Mike:)
http://sgtusmc.zoto.com/img/45/fa4fc45054e4364f8800cb40fa5feff6-.jpg
j/k ;) For some reason I put it here when I intended to cram it in the off discusion, although this is one of the guys who is pro-gun and might make our lives a little nicer if elected.

Welcome aboard Mike.

Shoot, this isnt my post, mines in the off discusion like I thought. Oh well the Mod gets the same emails from Tom.

Charliegone
06-22-2006, 5:41 PM
Damn..this really pisses me off. As a college student I (YES I!) have to pay for everything!! I can't even get financial aid because I don't have the 12 units (even with 11 they won't give me jack smack) I work 7hrs every freakin weekday just to pay for my studies! Sometimes I even work Saturdays! YET an illegal alien can come in here get all the financial aid he needs, probably only needs a part time job, gets some cheap housing and blamo gets his degree almost free of charge. WOW! Maybe I should renouce my citizenship and become an illegal and get freebies as well? (this is sarcasm for those who can't tell:D ) Dude wtf is wrong with California?:mad:

CaptMike
06-22-2006, 8:08 PM

All right xrMike, I have the ten, am I good to go? If so, there is this other post that just really.......

just kidding. I will stay away from the spelling until I reach the required minimum. thanks for the welcome gentlemen

Mike